Normal for the Last Time

A goal without a plan is just a wish.

"What do you mean y'all ain't going to college ?" Mai yelled into the phone.

"Well, Cade got a call saying she was no longer enrolled at ASU last month, and then Tom got us an offer to act in a film, and now we aren't going to college," Ramai explained with a smile.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Mai exclaimed, sounding annoyed.

"We wanted to get everything sorted out first," I replied calmly.

Mai sighed, "Then I take it everything is sorted out?"

"Yes, ma'am. Most of the filming is going to be on Jay's ranch, so we'll be staying here at the ranch until we have to go to California for the rest of the film," I informed her.

"Alright then, make sure you keep us informed of what you're doing," Mai spoke with a warm, motherly smile.

"Yes, ma'am," we replied and then hung up.

"I've got to go and get hay, so I need to get dressed. I'll see y'all for dinner," I told Ramai as I walked out of her room.

I grabbed my jeans, work boots, red plaid button-up, and my black 'I'm the sweetest girl until you mess with me or someone I love' shirt

I grabbed my jeans, work boots, red plaid button-up, and my black 'I'm the sweetest girl until you mess with me or someone I love' shirt. I quickly got dressed and threw my hair up into a cap. As I was walking out, putting my brown leather belt on, I ran into Tom.

"Where are you going, Love?" Tom asked with a smile as he looked down into my eyes.

"Jay asked me to go pick up some hay. I'll be back for dinner" I smiled up at him.

"Would you like me to come with?" he asked.

"Nah, I kind of wanted to go by myself. To feel like my life is the way it was before everything changed," I replied with a kind smile.

"To prove to yourself that you are still able to do it on your own," Tom continued knowingly, with a sweet smile that said he understood.

I nodded at his response, and he gave me a kiss in return. I walked out to our flatbed dully and headed about an hour away to where we get our grass hay and alfalfa. I cruised down the road with the windows down, blasting the country station and enjoying the day. There was no way I would be followed by paparazzi since no one knew where the ranch was, to begin with, and our suppliers were in the middle of nowhere anyways. I didn't watch my mirrors for tails like I always do, but I should have.

 I didn't watch my mirrors for tails like I always do, but I should have