She Don't Take No Shit

Weirdo: forever doing something crazy, real quiet and low-key, funny once you get to know her.

Third Person Point of View.

A loud crack resounded from a hall leading to the bathrooms catching everyone's attention.

Cadence's fist connected with a man's jaw sending his head snapping to the side. Crack after crack rang out as she continued to fight, knowing she'd be in trouble if she stopped. She threw him to the ground with a final move and pinned him, hoping that someone would show up to help her.

 She threw him to the ground with a final move and pinned him, hoping that someone would show up to help her

Someone had heard the scuffle and ran to get security. Cadence listened to the sounds of boots running in her direction and kept the man pinned so that he couldn't get away in the large crowd at the event.

When their steps stopped in front of her, she whipped her head up. Bruises were forming under her left eye, on her left wrist, and on her ribs. Cade looked like crap, but you could see the guard was impressed with how well she handled herself.

"This man attacked me," Cadence growled as she got up and fixed her costume when she was positive she was safe.

"A stupid move by the looks of it," one of the guards responded as two others pulled the guy off the ground while he groaned in pain.

"Just a bit, but he got a few jabs in before I got my senses back," she replied, trying to feel her ribs through the costume, getting frustrated that she could tell the damage's extent.

"He got your ribs too?" The guard questioned, looking at her with concern while Cade assessed her injuries.

"Yeah, but I stopped the worst of it," Cade replied with a shrug like it wasn't anything new for her, "What is your name?"

"Oh! Sorry! I'm Dodge, and you are?" Dodge blurted, extending his hand out to her in a friendly manner.

"I'm Cadence! So, Dodge, like the truck? Do you drive a Dodge as well?" She joked, shaking his hand, making him chuckle under his breath.

"Yeah, like the truck, and no, I drive a Chevy," Dodge retorted with a smirk causing her to smile even though it hurt slightly.

Cadence's phone started to ring in her bag, and she dug through it before she could respond. She knew she was in trouble for running off, but Cade didn't care.

"Hey, Ra!" Cadence answered, hiding the pain she was feeling from babbling, knowing that Ra would overreact.

"Where are you?" Ramai yelled, causing Cade to shake her head at her best friend's motherly tone of voice.

"Around. Why?" Cadence quipped, trying to keep her from seeing her like this until she could cover her bruises with makeup, but knowing Ramai, she wouldn't let this go.

"It's almost noon, and I haven't seen you since you disappeared," Ramai responded, still sounding like a mother causing Cadence to shake her head again.