Chapter 48

A Student
Copyright ©
Chapter 48
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ VOMMENT (one of my fav. banners)

His eyebrows rises in surprise, I know the information unsettled him but he's trying not to show it. "From where?" He asks me tilting his head in confusion. Point for me, we were both surprised today. "That's ten times what I thought you'd give away for your lover. You amaze me again, Princess."

I smile and drop the bag to the floor. "Now where is Alec?" I ask him. "If he's even alive?" I say with a bored tone. I must fake that I don't care, I must. "Time is running, I haven't slept in days, I've eaten coffee powder for eighty hours straight, and your voice is starting to give me migraines. Let's get going now can we?"

"Of course, I just have one inconvenience."

Fuck, shitty shitty bang bang. "What is it?" I ask rubbing my temple and leaning on Vickie's shoulder. "Too much sun?" I ask even if there is no sun here, the moon is up.

"No, I'd like to do this trading inside a building. Wouldn't want a sniper pointing at my head," he says chuckling and walking away into the fog.

I smile at the irony. Thanks to whoever has power over fate we happened to move even closer to Ray to a neighbor building. I maintain a businesslike face, wouldn't want to give away our little sniper person. "Where's- oh, right, in the hospital. I'm sorry that wasn't meant for Ray, that was meant for your precious and beloved peasant." I scowl, little hoe thinks he can refer to Alec as my peasant any longer.

The stupid, stupid man brought us straight into a first floor with a lobby full of window panels. Calculating distance between the sidewalk and Ray's ten floor high building, he's thirty to twenty nine degrees from blowing off his brain out. The lobby is empty and cold as fuck, I have to wrap my arms around myself to stop shivering. It's dusty and it smells exactly like wood. I take a better look, there's not even any light in here. I see holes in the floor and woods plus constructing machines. This must be the hotel being constructed in town for those tourists in the cruiser. I see a few couches, probably courtesy of The Green Hand.

"Now you see, the thing is," The Green Hand starts to say making hand gestures, "I'm rethinking about this." Oh bitch, you better not ruin my plans. "I lost thousands of dollars when Alec got cleaned, and thousands more when Annie didn't need my provision anymore. I also lost your love and your talents. I lost my dear Alexandra unfortunately too. I really hope to find the man who murdered her."

I don't think that's going to happen. But they will see each other, in hell.

"Now a couple of diamonds won't bring none of that back."

I gasp, he clearly doesn't know one diamond is enough to buy a house. The stupidity of the uneducated, so sad, so many power wasted. He thinks diamonds is only to wear, so foolish and useless. Rotten, psycho and heartless. "Now, I think I'll enjoy the death of Alec Ivanov."

Vickie, Cristian, and I take positions separating from each other slowly into a better land taking. I am soon to take out my gun and shoot every single man down until- "Dad!" Cris, Vickie and I freeze. There's a chance, there's a perfect chance we can leave without harm. I see a long marine blue dress surging from the dust and fog into the room. I gasp, oh my God.

"Cassie, sweetie how many times do I need to tell you to stop fucking up my meetings?" The Green Hand says irritated at his daughter. But his daughter doesn't listen to him, she wraps her arms around her father with a big fat spoiled little brat smile.

Is everyone related here?

"Oh, Princess," The Green Hand's daughter says in awe. "Daddy, can I play?"