Chapter 78

A Student
Copyright ©
Chapter 78
~*~~*~*~*~*~*~* Vomment

Vickie's POV
6 Hours Ago

"Victoria," says Anya sitting up from the bed and gasping.

All girls look up and gasp in surprise. I frown scanning the room I once spent days locked in. Annie's big bedroom full of friend's photos and family pictures. Everything is purple from the cat to the fan in the roof. And to think purple was my favorite color just because my friends said it was the best color. No, yellow is my favorite color, not purple. I look down, Anya is sitting on the bed, Annie is painting her nails in the bed, Jenna is laying in the couch and scrolling down in her screen furiously. I see an extra pair of bigger shorts in the floor and the lights and shower of the bathroom is turned on.

There's an extra in this room.

"Hello," I say and smile tightly.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you with Nysa and the others?" Annie asks and I smile. It's not "Annie and the others" it's Nysa, and I've never been happier to hear such change. Look how Annie fell in seven months, from everything to rehab. I think karma has done enough, I'm very happy with karma right now.

"I needed to see you guys, after everything we did shared a strong friendship, that's something you can't just forget." I haven't forgotten, of course not, neither have I forgiven them. "I wanted to say," I take a deep breath, "I still care for each of you."

Lie, you never cared for me.

They look at each other speaking words I can no longer understand. There's something new about them, a secrecy and fear every time they hear of Nysa and The Circle. Slowly they nod in approval and I sit in the nearest couch standing straight and "ladylike".

"So," I mutter.

Great, awkward moment, I almost want to stand and just run. God I hate awkward moments.

"How has it been, inside The Circle?" Annie asks softly tugging her cats purple fur. I remember how she dyed the cat's fur, ever since that cat has been grumpy as fuck. I think I know why, the cat is a male not a girl, and Annie still dresses him in purple and pink.

Of course she'd want to know about The Circle, she wants to know about everything. She wants to use me to get information and maybe then she will trust me again. Of course, some things just never change.

"Things in The Circle are as always, spicy," spicy is to put dangerous and excited mildly. "With Nysa inside some things have changed radically." I look at her reaction, she simply slumps her back. I furrow my eyebrows, did she really asked for humble forgiveness?

"What changed?" Anya demanded to know.

I flinch from her tone. I really can't say, everything has changed for good, which will just piss her off. I start counting the seconds with my fingers and setting up the minutes that the shower has been on. On the seventh minute I ask my question and leave.

"Less parties," I say, "dealing with many bails, less drugs-" I shrug, talking shit about my own squad makes me feel like I'm betraying myself. "Less fun and a bunch of boring and stressing stuff. How has it been for you guys?"

Anya is the only one here that looks royally pissed off at my presence. Annie keeps stroking her cat and every here and there she would stroke her belly and smile. Jenna is still in her phone, not paying attention to me. I need her attention, I need Annie and Jenna on my side to answer the question. I know Anya won't answer anything with depth, like me.

"Oh you know, it hasn't been very fun for us either. Ever since Nysa called us out on our parents we spent two months in a rehab hospital getting clean."