Newt Imagine - Overprotective

Start from the beginning

"It's okay." I said, looking down. "It's my fault, at the end of the day. I always screw everything up but I always think it's alright, because you've always covered for me. This time, you couldn't. And I understand, Thanks for worrying."

"I'm afraid." Newt said.

"Of what?" I asked. What was he talking about?

"What they'll decide to do to you. You may have survived once, and we know you're the only one; but will you survive twice? I will not be able to rest if you die. I will go out of my mind." Now, a few tears were streaming down Newt's face.

"Hey, hey." I called him, trying to sit on the bed. "It's alright, I've told you, I did something I shouldn't have and now I'm getting the consequences.I understand it and I accept it. You should to. But I'm sorry. Now how about we get going? Don't wanna make them wait."

He smiled as he helped me getting up. I never payed much attention to where the "buildings" were, so I just followed the blonde haired boy in front of me.

Newt stopped in front of a house made of wood and sighed.

"Is this it?" I asked. He nodded. "You're more worried than me, Newt. Calm down." I smiled to him, trying to make him feel better. It feels so good to have someone who worries about you like this; I appreciate it so much. I just wish I could show it a little better.

We both walked as we see all of the Guardians sitting in their chairs. There was a chair in the middle of all of them. "It's probably for me" I thought. I took a deep breath and sat, looking at my own feet, who seemed really interesting now.

I started to feel my hands sweating. Newt was right. What if they put me in the Maze again for punishment? Or if they found out that the Maze, somehow, doesn't "hold" me anymore and decide something worse? What if... They kill me?

I looked at Newt and Minho trying to keep myself strong. "They are going to support me, right? They're my best friends. Oh, don't be stupid (Y/N). You shucked everything up, Minho must hate me in this moment. Gally is probably planning my death on his mind." I thought to myself, once again.

My thoughts were stopped when I saw Minho stand up. What was he doing?

"Okay, alright, alright. Everybody's so shocked. This little shuck over here screwed up again and ya'll decided to punish her. I'm not saying she didn't deserved it, because she's done more shuck than we all in this room together. But she's also done more in the Glade then half of you! Yeah, you're freaked. You're scared. What is she? She was the first one to survive a night in the Maze! Is that something to be afraid of? Some of you want to throw her in Hell, others want to lick her boots. What she did was incredible! We've been here for three years! Three. We've managed to find this but none of us has survived. She spent a whole night in the MAZE surrounded by Grivers and you're thinking about killing her? Why? Because she's different? I don't understand the way you all shucks think. There, you have my opinion. She stays and becomes a runner. Hell, later she can replace me as a Guardian. That's all I have to say."

He sits down and every jaw drops in the room; even mine. What did he do? I mean, Guardian? I'm okay with being a runner, I've had interest in it since I've arrived in this mess.

"That's complete shuck. She deserves to be punished!" Gally stood up and yelled. Winston nodded. "And Minho is a shuck face to defend her. She deserved to be killed. If you don't wanna throw her in the Maze again, FINE! I'll kill her myself."

That was it. Fyrpan protested, yelling at Gally saying he was out of his mind. Newt rolled his eyes, writing something on his little book.

"Ya'll may be against me, but when you least expect it, she'll be dead. If not, she'll be the reason everybody here will be!" He yelled. I wasn't supposed to talk and it was killing me inside. What was he talking about? Get over yourself, dude.