36 Look at You

It's dark outside the cabin; a car is parked. Rose looks through a window and sees the girl tied to a chair. Another doppelgänger, this girl looks like Katherine. Is that why she is taken.

Two vampires are in the room; one sits on the bed and talks with the girl they took. He is getting frustrated because the girl won't tell him anything.

Rose slowly moves; the woman inside looks outside but doesn't see anything because Rose moved out of the way in time.

'I think there is someone outside?'

The man reacts: 'There isn't; I didn't hear anything.' He sighs, and the bed creaks when he stands up: 'Who would be stupid enough to come in?'

Rose takes a decision. It's time. She kicks the door open and speeds behind the woman breaking her neck: 'I am.'

The man moves in front of the girl. He glances at the woman and attacks Rose. She stops his punch by holding his right hand and pushing him back against the wall. He gets up, breaks the leg of a chair, and holds the wood in front of him.

The girl makes herself small, looking at the fight.

The man looks at her: 'Why are you defending her. Just let us have her.'

'Why is she so important?' Rose asks, standing in a defensive position

'If I deliver her to the right person, she can buy back my life, our lives.' He motions the woman to the ground.

'Sorry, I cannot do that.' She says, and he attacks again. She puts her hands around the improvised stake, stopping it from piercing her. She pushes against the stake, but he is stronger than her. She moves her footing and floors him. He lets go of the stake, and Rose takes it and stakes him in the hearth.

The two vampires are dead. Rose stakes the other one before walking over to the girl. 'I'm not going to hurt you.' She says: 'I'm going to untie you. Can you tell me your name?' Rose steps around the chair to loosen the knot.

'I'm Elena.' She says and stands up. She looks around, a little panicked, but she controls herself.

'Rose, if you want, I can drive you home. I think we're too far from anything to go on foot.'

Elena looks at her; she tries to decide if she can trust her: 'I live in Mystic Falls.'

'I was on my way there.' Rose says, and Elene follows her outside: 'I don't have a car, but this one will do fine.'

Elena nods and swallows: 'Why were you going to Mystic Falls? I never saw you before.' Elena quickly opens the door, adding: 'If I may ask?'

'It's ok.' Rose says and starts the car: 'I have family in the cemetery.'

'Oh.' Elena says. She stays quiet. Pointing to show Rose the directions to where she lives. Rose doesn't say anything, either. Would she be taken because she is a doppelgänger? Maybe they knew something more. There wasn't any other explanation. 'It's here.' Elena says suddenly.'

Rose stops: 'Elena.' She says, and the girl turns her head and compels her: 'You don't remember anything that happened this night. You were never abducted. You never saw me. You got lost on your way home after you insisted on walking back alone. You'll live this life just how you want to.'

Elena nods.

'Say that you understand this.'

'I understand.' Elena says in a trance. Rose signs her to step out, and when Elena does so, Rose drives off.

Rose stands in front of a ruin. She gets on the one step that's still standing up. This is where the front door would have been. She holds up her hand like she wants to knock or open the door and lets it fall again. Dean walks up behind her and takes her hand. She is happy he found her, that he called.

She looks in the direction of the old cemetery. It's time to go and visit. To say her goodbyes. It's long been overdue.

She holds his hand and pulls him with her. He takes her into his arms: 'It's ok.' She leans in, finding comfort.