11 Key to the Highway

Claire is not a vengeful spirit; she is a death omen. Rose drives. Sam sits in the passenger seat. Diane is in the back; she ends her phone call.

'Where would Pete take Dean?' Rose asks.

Diane looks confused: 'Just say it.' Sam tells her.

'Pete said the prisoner had to be transferred, and he just took him. Dispatch has been calling, but he won't answer the radio.' Diane replies.

'Wait! Wait. Let's talk about this. I mean, you don't want to do something you'll regret later.' Dean says.

Rose hears them from where she, Sam and Diane are hiding. They can't see what's happening. She nods towards Diane. Who appears and approaches them: 'Put the gun down, Pete!'

This better works. Sam looks at Rose, who steps out of the car and searches for a place where she can see them. She signs Sam to stay put.

Diane asks him, 'Why did you do it?'

'She was going to turn me in.'

'And Tony, Karen...'

'Same thing! Tony scrubbed the money, got skittish, and wanted to come clean. I'm sure he told Karen everything.' Rose speeds to another hiding place, and Pete glances in the direction: 'What was that, Diane?'

'I don't know. I swear.'

Rose looks from her position. She is closer. Only a couple of meters, the distance is close enough to cover in seconds.

'It was a mess; I had to clean it up. I just panicked. There's a way out. This Dean kid's a gift. We could pin the whole thing on him. Right? No trial, nothing. Just, just one more dead scumbag.' Pete says. He raises his gun again.

Dean backs up, and Diane says: Don't do it....'

Pete's finger moves to the trigger: 'I'm pretty sure I'm faster.' And he pulls the trigger.

The bullet hits someone, but it is not Dean. He lies on the ground and looks up. Pete looks at the woman standing in front of him.

Rose looks at the wound that's already starting to heal. She takes the gun out of his hand. The ghost appears behind Pete and tells her something without sound: 'I need justice.'

Rose looks back to Pete and shoots him with his own gun.

Rose is in her car. She changed her clothes and finished a blood bag. Sam and Dean appear. She sees how they look at the empty blood bag that she puts away. 'We need to leave.' Sam says.

'And the car?' Rose asks.

'I'll get it.' Dean replies.

She shakes her head: 'I have a better idea. You and Sam leave town, and I get your car.'

Dean nods hesitantly.

Rose is in Dean's car and drives towards the motel. Sam texted her the address. She walks into the motel. Dean isn't there, and Sam sits behind his laptop.

'Where is Dean?'

'He is getting us pizza. He should be back any minute.'

She puts her bag in the corner and sits on one of the beds: 'What are you doing? Did you find a new case?'

'Not really. I'm looking, though.' Sam asks and turns around to look at her: 'How are you. Do you still have those nightmares?'

She nods: 'It's fine.'

'What kind of nightmares do you have?'

She doesn't know how to say it: 'My past.' She says. Maybe if she tells someone, they'll go away.

'Richard?' He goes over to where she sits on one of the beds.

'He is in there, but that's not all.' Rose admits: 'My best friend Alice keeps popping up. I wonder about my sister's life.' She tells Sam about them until Dean walks in and closes the door behind him: 'Everything ok?' He asks.

Rose sits down again: 'Yeah, I'm fine.' She doesn't want to talk about this with Dean. He doesn't know yet.

'Jo said something. You're having nightmares.' He says. She had no idea he noticed. 'If we can do something to help?'

'It's ok. Thank you.' She smiles: 'They're only nightmares. They'll stop.'