42 I've Got the World on a String

It's almost evening when they arrive at the bar. They enter; Dean goes in first, followed by Rose. She looks around while he makes his way to the bar.

'Lexi.' Rose says.

A blonde at the bar turns around: 'Rose?'

'It's nice to see you.' Rose smiles and looks at the guy beside her: 'You must be Lee?'

'Yes.' He answers.

'Oh, this is Dean.' Rose says, and they sit down at the bar. Lexi chuckles.

Bree stands behind the bar, looks at them, and gives them a beer: 'These are from the house. Any friend from Lexi is welcome here.' She looks at Lexi: 'She is a friend, right?'

Lexi laughs: 'Yes, Bree, she is.'

The bar is almost empty. Lexi has another shot, and Rose holds her one up; her head lays on the bar: 'This is the last one.' She says and drinks it.

Dean left a few hours ago to find a motel, and Lee went after that.

'This was fun.' Lexi says and then looks serious: 'You look better.' Rose raises her eyebrow. 'Really.' Lexi says: 'Where did you meet him?'

'He isn't compelled; he came of his own free will.' Rose sighs. Bree stays silent, listening.

'I know. I noticed that he is wearing vervain.' Lexi tells her.

'He is a little bit too involved in the supernatural world, trying to save people that don't know any better.' Rose explains: 'I decided to save him.'

Lexi nod: 'Then what's wrong?'

Rose's eyes widen: 'Nothing is wrong.' She says.

'Como on.' Lexi says: 'I can see that something is holding you back. Is it because he is human?'

Rose nods. Lexi is right, even if she doesn't want to admit it.

'You don't want to hurt him?'

'You know me, Lexi. I'm who I am and what I am.' A monster who didn't always make the best decisions.

Lexi looks at her, showing compassion: 'He doesn't see you like that, and you're not that person anymore. You need to give yourself a chance.'

Bree speaks up: 'It's time to close down.' She says: 'The sun is getting up.'

'One more question.' Rose says, lifting her head to look up: 'And it will sound bad, but I promise I have a good reason.'

'Ok.' Bree reacts.

'It's about magic. A powerful spell is mostly locked in something. Would a jewel do?'

'In the stone of a neckless or bracelet. Yes, that's possible.'

She takes a picture on her phone. A picture of Emily Bennett zoomed in on her neck: 'This could work?'

Bree takes the phone: 'That's a Bennett witch? Is this about freeing Katherine?'

Lexi looks at her: 'You're helping Damon?'

'I'm stopping him.' Rose explains: 'The best way to keep Katherine locked away is to keep ahead of Damon. Knowing what he knows. Bree, he is going to make the same reasoning as me. He might stop by.'

'What's your plan?' Lexi asks.

'I'll keep telling him that I didn't find anything, and if he gets too close, I'll find someone to help me. But he doesn't know anything yet.'

'Ok.' Lexi nods, and Bree relaxes. 'You should keep me updated. Maybe I can help.'

Rose thinks,' That's a good idea.'

'And remember, you deserve happiness. You can call me anytime.'

Dean wakes up; his arm lays on Rose's back. She lays on her stomach, still sleeping. He looks at her. This is different from before; she seems more relaxed. He smiles and closes his eyes, snoozing.

Rose turns around: 'Good morning.' He kisses her and pulls her closer. She kisses him back, moving her hands over his back. Something definitely did change in a good way.