21 White Rabbit

Rose looks at Gordon: 'Do you enjoy this?' They're waiting on Sam.

'Yes, but you should listen.' He says: 'You hear that?' She nods, and Dean hears something outside; he can't speak. Gordan tied a strap of fabric around his mouth. 'Tell him what it is?' Gordan says.

'It's Sam; he is opening the backdoor now.'

A grenade explodes, and Dean flinches.

'Hold on. Not yet. Just wait and see.' Gordon says.

Dean struggles violently, and the second grenade goes off. Gordon crosses the room and stops beside him: 'Sorry, Dean.' He goes into the backroom, rifle ready.

'Drop the gun.' It's Sam.

Rose looks at the door and glances at Dean: 'Gordon, don't you know when you're losing. Listen to Sam and put the gun down.' Dean looks at her with a question in his eyes: 'He tricked Gordon; only his shoes exploded.' She tells him. She listens to the struggle in the other room, and when it's done, Sam shuffles exhaustedly into the room where Dean and Rose are tied up: 'I knocked him out.'

Dean looks up emotionally as he watches Sam approach. Sam claps him on the shoulder as he kneels beside him, untying the ropes. Dean pulls off his gag frantically, stands, and pulls Sam up to stand. He cups his hand around Sam's neck, staring at him closely, cataloguing his injuries, and Sam nods at him. Dean walks over to Rose, unties her, and helps her: 'Go check on Gordon. I don't want him to wake up and shoot me again.' She says.

'Sam can do that.' Dean says.

'I'm fine.' She says it's not true, but she doesn't want his help, his compassion. She told him about everything. It confused her even more.

'Ok.' He says and lets go of her. She keeps upright, and Dean walks away. When he is out of sight, she drops back in the chair.

'Why are you so weak? I thought it would heal?' Sam asks worriedly.

'I need blood for that. Gordon used a lot of vervain.' She tells him, and they follow Dean. He holds a gun to Gordon's head: 'Dean. No.' Sam says.

'I let him live once. I'm not making the same mistake twice.'

'Letting him live doesn't have to be a mistake. I don't regret letting the ones from Augustine live.' Rose tells him.

'But they didn't change anything.' Dean says he doesn't take his eyes off Gordon.

'I know, but killing them is not who I want to be. It's not who you want to be.'

'And trust me. Gordon's taken care of. Come on.' Sam says.

Sam and Dean are in a ditch. They look at Gordon. He stands there and waves his gun; he gives a warning shot.

'You call this taken care of?' Dean asks.

'Just trust me on this, all right?' Sam says, and then three police cars, sirens blaring, pull into the clearing and surround Gordon. Cops emerge, weapons ready.

'We better go.' Dean says.

Sam turns around and sees Rose sitting down: 'I'll help you to your car.'

'My car isn't here.' She says: 'The blood is still....'

'We drove here with my car.' Dean explains to Sam. 'I put that small freezer in my car.' He tells Rose: 'I didn't know they made freezers this little.' He jokes to Sam.

Rose is surprised that he did that for her. She didn't notice. He did it without her needing to ask. Sam has an arm around her while helping her to the car: 'You're ok.'

'I've been better.' She answers. When at the car, she takes a blood bag and starts to heal.

On the way to the hotel, they passed Ava's house. A girl who had helped Sam these past few days. She had a vision like Sam sometimes has. She wasn't at her house, her fiancé was, but he was murdered. Rose told Sam they would find her, but she wasn't sure. That was yesterday. They don't have any leads.

Rose stands outside the motel they're staying at. It's dark outside. It's calming; she isn't calm. She hears Dean walking up to her.

'What happened?' He asks her: 'Why do you, I don't know, act differently.'

She turns towards him but doesn't look at him: 'You mean since the Croatoan case?'

'Yes.'

'I don't know.' She says, trying to avoid the answer. She knows why.

He sounds frustrated: 'Is it because I look like him?'

'No, yes, no.' Rose says: 'It's more complicated than that.'

'Then tell me.'

It's complicated; before this, everything was more straightforward and made sense. It doesn't anymore. 'Because I used to think that if I ever saw that face again, I could finally get some of my anger out, maybe even kill him like he did me.'

'Then why don't you.' He is pushing her.

'Because I can't.' She says and looks at him: 'I don't want to.' She has tears in her eyes: 'I don't want to hurt you.' He stands closer to her than she thought he would. He looks straight into her eyes. She cannot look away or move. She feels his hands on her arms, holding her in a comforting way. Then his lips are on hers, and without thinking, she immediately kisses him back.