Chapter 14: Questioning

Rizu POV 

I look out leaning against the rails as Chase lays down on the floor and Hina and Smoker are somewhere on the deck smoking.  Marine HQ slowly becomes bigger and I clench my hands and sigh out.  "What cha sighing about?" Chase asks still laying on the floor by my feet.  I turn around and slide down to the floor next to him.  "Nothing much."  I say.  Chase raises his eyebrows at me.  "Doesn't seem that way.  Even without seeing your face, I know something is bothering you."  he says.  

I sigh and a smile makes its way on my face.  "I just don't really like coming to HQ that much.  Brings back memories......and-"  I cut myself off and lean my head against the side of the ship.  "Bad ones?"  Chase inquires while looking at me.  "Bad ones."  I say and Chase sits up to sit next to me and holds the mask that I gave him in his hands.  

"Well don't think to much of it."  he says and I nod.  Chase changes the subject "So once we get there what will you being doing?"  he asked.  I hum and look over at Z "Instructor Z said that we'll be staying at HQ for a bit.  He has some stuff to do and meet up with the higher ups as well.  They had a bit of information that they wished to discuss.  So I'll be around and may accompany him around the base if he needs.  Other than that I'll be around."  I say.  

I look into the sky and get a ping in my chest feeling something and a wave of feelings wash over me.  I clench onto my hands and open and close them.  'What is this?'  I think to myself and lift my hand to clench onto my short now.  Chase looks over at me and knocks on my head.  "Oi, what did I say.  Don't worry about stuff."  he says. 

I'm knocked out of my thoughts and let go of my shirt to look at Chase.  I nod my head at him and shake the feelings off.  "Yeah..."  I say. 

____________

"Docking!"  a marine yells as we dock and other marines rush around to grab ropes and the anchor.  

I grab my bags as the Chase does the same.  I clench my hands as we dock at the bay.  I follow Chase as we file into a line to get off.  Z walks off first and leads us off the boat.  "Men, finish up the ship.  We'll be staying here for a while before we leave again.  Stock up and prepare the ship."  Z says to the men.  After that he looks at the four of us.  "Rizu, you'll be accompanying me for the remainder time here.  The three of you, I'll leave you to your new duties."  he says to the three older marines.  They nod their head and salute.  "Thank you sir!"  Chase, Hina, and Smoker says.

Z chuckles and nods his head.  "You guys will head to the main office and you'll get your new stations.  They'll probably send you off within the week."  Z says before putting his hand out to them.  The each shake his hand and salute.  

Z turns around and motions for me to follow him.  I turn towards the three of them and lift up my mask to show my mouth.  "Thanks for training with me and being my training partner.  It was nice,  I hope to see you guys again when you get higher up in the ranks."  I say and give them a smile.  Hina nods and pats my head and Chase puts his mask on the side of his head.  "Definitely I'll be making it to vice admiral soon, just before you know it." Chase says with a smile.  I nod my head at him and smile.  "Be safe kid."  Smoker says to me giving me a pat on the head.  

"I'll be seeing you soon.  Maybe I might just end up in one of your squads."  I say and send them one last smile before I put my mask fully back on and turn around to catch up with Z. "Kid I'll see you around!"  Chase yells at me and I turn around slightly to wave at them.          

Once I catch up with Z, he puts a hand on my head.  "We'll be making you stronger before sending  you off to become higher in ranks.  So for now you'll be joining in with me."  he says with a small smile.  I nod my head.  "Yes sir!"  I say.