Chapter 13: Picture

2 Years Later

(Rizu is 15 years old now)

Rizu POV 

"Smoker, Hina, Chase."  Z says as he looks at the three who are at the front.  I stand in line watching.  "Do your best out there and make sure you keep a level head."  Z instructs while giving a fond smile to his students.  The three of them nod their heads and salute to him.  "Sir."  they say. 

"Good, now take care.  Go up in ranks and show them your new power."  Z finishes and the three of them nod their head.  "Sir."  they reply back with and he pats their shoulders.  "Since today is your last day with us in training, it'll be best if we did something special."  Z says and the group looks up at him.  "We'll be adding more reps to your training and workout today, increase them by a hundred and run 10 more laps.  Right after we'll get into sparing."  he says.    

We all widen our eyes at his words and he claps his hands together.  "Get to it!"  he yells at us and we scramble to start with our workout routine.  

____________

"Kid you gonna miss me~"  Chase teases me as he walks by my side.  I look over at him and sigh out.  "Yeah."  I say and he goes on to say.  "Yeah yeah, hell you will.  Don't lie to me, you'll miss me."  he says not quite hearing what I said.  I wiped my hands on my pants and looked at him.  "Yeah, I said I'll miss you.  But not just you though."  I say and he looks at me with wide eyes.  

"You'll miss me for real?!"  he asks in disbelief.  "Yeah, my training partner.  Go and become a vice admiral.  I'll be catching up in a bit."  I say and Hina and Smoker come walking towards us.  "Rizu."  Hina calls out to me and I look over to her and wave.  "Hina."  I say and she comes over to my right and pats my head.  "Continue training, you're making fast progress.  Will you be staying here for another year?"  Hina asks since I talked to her before saying that I only normally spend a couple of years at a base.  

I shrug my shoulders.  "I don't know yet.  I might just stay with Z and go from there."  I say and she nods her head.  Smoker stands next to Hina and looks over at me and Chase.  "Will you two be missing each other?  You'll be apart for a long time.  Plus you two are pretty close together.  Chase is almost like your brother now."  he says with a smirk.  I look over at him and nod.  "Hmm.  Yes, I will miss him of course and the same with the two of you."  I say. 

The three of them widen their eyes at my words and I raise my brow under my mask.  Hina wipes her eyes and Chase just has his mouth open with wide eyes.  Smoker just looks at me blankly.  "That's so sweet."  Hina says and pats my head.  I hum at that.  I sigh and continue walking to the sleeping quarters.  "Well I do know that I'll be heading to HQ with you guys as  you get assigned to your new locations."  I say and Chase stops to look at me.  "Seriously?"  he says with disbelief.  "Yes."  I say and he nods his head.  

We enter the building and start walking down the halls.  Hina and I head to the right as the boys go to the left to their rooms.  Hina's room came up and she went inside to grab her stuff.  "Rizu let's head down together." Hina says before she closed the door.  "Okay."  I say and continue to walk down the hall and enter my room. 

I close the door behind me and grabbed my bags that were in the corner of my room and packed my clothes that I would need to have for the time being and left some pairs of the uniform in my drawers.  I walked over to my desk to pick up the picture that was from years ago, in the north blue.  I put the picture in my bag safely and made sure to grab my convertible spear and put that in my bag as well.  I also pulled out a draw and saw the few masks that I had made as my extras.