Chapter 46: Caught

Rizu POV 

Leaving the island and pushing off from the dock I set the course to the next island.  As soon as I'm a decent distance away from the island and from any pirates I head into my cabin as I lean on the doorway as I pant and take off my mask. 

"Ughh that damn Berton guy.  I should've patched this earlier."  I groaned out as I tossed my mask on the table and walked over to the cabinet pulling out my medical kit. 

I quickly plopped down on the chair and remove my weapons placing them beside the table as I strip some of my clothes off to get better access to my wounds.  I open up the medical kit where I pull out bandages, cleaning alcohol, needles, thread, and cotton balls.  Looking down at my wound on my side, I wince as I dab the alcohol onto my wound.  

I continue to clean it and wipe the blood off seeing is was good enough before stitching the skin back together so it could heal faster.  "Arghh!"  I groan as I bite down on my lip as I hold my side in pain, panting out as I stabbed my skin and threading the needle through. 

"Hahh hahhh."  I pant out as sweat drips down my forehead.  I wrap bandages around my stomach and side as I quickly glance at the log pose.  I walk out of my cabin and adjust the sails before heading back inside to deal with the wound on my shoulder.  

I walk back further into the cabin and into the small bathroom with just a sink and toilet.  I pull out a mirror from the cabinet and bring it out to place it on the table as I observe my cut. 

Before cleaning my wound, I wipe my forehead and grab more cotton balls dabbing them with cleaning alcohol before applying it to my shoulder.  Seeing that it wasn't as deep as the one on my side I decided to stitch a couple stitches and wrap my arm up in bandages.  

I take a deep breath and sigh out as I lean back on the chair. "Shabby but good enough."  I tell myself as I hear something hit the side of the boat.  I quickly grab Ryuushi and my mask, discarding my need to put my shirt back on again, leaving the cabin with just my bra. 

I walk around to the side and look around to see no one had boarded.  I slightly lean over to the side to see a barrel hitting the side of my boat.  I raised a brow and hauled it over.  I quickly scanned over the barrel making sure that it had not been tampered with or something dealing with the navy.  The navy sends out these stray barrels misleading pirates as they open them thinking its some beer.  When its a signal. 

I tap the top of the barrel and see that it's pretty loose.  I furrow my brows and open it slowly as I grip onto Ryuushi.  When I fully open it I see nothing but a bottle at the bottom of the barrel.  I reach in and grab it out.  

"A bottle?"  I mumbled out as I open the lid to the bottle and see a parchment paper.  I close the lid of the barrel and push it off to the side as I make my way back into the cabin after adjusting the sails once more. 

I close the door to the cabin and set the bottle down.  I walk towards my small dresser where I pull out a shirt as I stuff my other new clothes that I bought into it.  I slip on a shirt as I decide to change into a fresher pair of pants which wasn't so dirty and torn.  Tossing my dirty clothes into a hamper on the other side of the room.  I change and brush through my hair before sitting down on the chair. 

I grab the bottle and pull out the parchment paper.  I unfold the paper seeing that it was a map.  "A treasure map?"  I mumble out as I scan it seeing unfamiliar islands and a different sea.  As I continue to scan the map, visions come as I see an island.  However as I tried to get a closer look at the island,  everything became blurry. 

I blink my eyes a couple times as my eyes refocused at the map.  "Huh?"  I mumble out seeing that I had activated my power and my strings were slowly coiling around the map.  I furrow my brows together and withdrew the strings letting them fall off the map.  Sighing out I roll the map up and place it in my drawer.