Chapter 10: Off to New Training

Rizu POV 

"That's it!  Men, I'll see you here tomorrow to announce those who I have selected." Z said as he looked at the soldiers lined up.  "Sir!"  we yell back to him and he nods his head.  "Dismissed!"  he yells and the men scatter away.  

Once the men all started scattering, I started to walk away and head to the base where marines were allowed their own rooms and places.  Since I was trained here before by my father, I was given my own decent sized room to myself.  

I walked away from the training grounds and made my way up the hill and into the building.  As I walked through the corridors some whispers and men were looking at me.  

"Look it's her again.  She's back to show us up"

"The prodigy girl that some were talking about." 

"Did you hear earlier, when instructor Z was here.  She beat up someone right in front of him and he was knocked out!  How embarrassing."

"Dang but it's been years since I last saw her.  She was really young when she started here.  She had her own lessons."  

I ignored the whispers and continued to walk down the hall and finally made it back to my room where I had the time to drop off my stuff before heading to the training grounds.  I unlocked the door and entered by room.  

As soon as I entered I closed the door and made my way inside.  I sighed out a big sigh and took off my mask breathing fresh air.  "It would have gone worse...."  I mumbled to myself and took out some of my clothes from my bag and put it on the bed so I could get changed into fresher clothes.  

After that I went to the bathroom to freshen up.  For the remainder of the day I had no duties since the higher ups haven't assigned any duties except the training which was approved of by my father.  So I decided to rest in my bed for a little bit. 

I layed down on my bed and just stared at the ceiling.  "Just how much do I need to do, to prove to you.....I work so hard and yet you haven't come to see me.  You don't...."  I stop myself and roll on my side and stare at the photo I got and the spear that Garp gave me along with my mask that I've been wearing. 

I sigh out and rub my face.  "Let's just take a break for the day."  I tell myself and get under the covers.  I slowly start to fall asleep in my bed. 

____________

The next day

"Salute!!"  a higher officer yells when instructor Z comes around to the front.  "Sir!"  we yell and salute.  

"Soldiers, I will be choosing my next students to train.  I will be taking you to another base that's dedicated to instructors and is fully under my command."  Z said and he stood there taking in the information.  "I will announce my new students."  

Z walked around us looking at each individual and grabbed onto another man's shoulder and pulled him out of the group.  He kept walking around us and stopped.  "Rizu.  Come here."  he called out as he was on the other side of the line.  The men around looked around and wondered who Rizu was.  

My eyes widened slightly and looked at the man who called me.  I stepped out of line and went to the front.  "Sir."  I call out following his orders.  Z comes and steps towards me as the rest of the men watch with surprised and wide eyed faces.  As he is in front of me he pats my shoulder and pushes me towards the other man that he pulled out.  

"These two will be my new students during this time.  They will be joining with me and my other students that I have chosen from different bases.  I will come back again to train a new set of soldiers, so get stronger."  Instructor Z informed and the soldiers that were in line saluted "Yes sir!"  

Z nodded and looked towards the commander.  "You men are dismissed.  Go do your duties and training."  he finished and the men nodded "Sir!"  and dispersed to do their duties or some wandered away to find something to do.   

Once they were gone, Z turned towards us with a stern face.  "You two showed me your skills which I believe I can turn into great marine admirals.  We will be leaving in a couple of hours, go pack your stuff and meet me here at 3."  he said and we saluted "Yes sir!"  

Before I could leave to pack up my stuff that I had scattered in my room, I was stopped.  "Rizu."  Instructor Z called out to me and I stopped to look back at him.  "Sir."  I respond back with.  "How long have you been with the marines?"  he asked while looking down at me.  "I've been with the marines for a while sir.  I believe I was 5 or 6 when I first came here."  I said and his eyes widened a bit. 

"Did a marine bring you here?"  he asked and I nodded.  "Did he save you or help you?"  he inquired.  I stood there silently thinking for a while.  "Sir, in which way do you mean he helped me?"  I asked.  Z stood there giving me a weird look and started with.  "Saved you from pirates or helped you on your island.  Something like that."  he mentioned and I nodded in response. 

"He did not save me from my island.  You could say he took me in since my mother died.  But he has overseen my training in the first couple of years."  I said and he nodded taking in this information.  I stood there waiting to be dismissed.  "Is he where you learned these techniques from?"  he asked. 

I shook my head.  "Some of them yes, but he has not taught me personally.  I learned techniques and other skills from each marine base that I was at from different commanders and captains.  I also had training from a Vice Admiral."  I said and he gave me a look of surprise and amusement.  "Vice admiral?  Which one?"  he questioned and I nodded my head.  "Yes, I was taught by Vice Admiral Garp."  I said. 

He nodded and lifted his hand to his chin.  "I see."  He stood there for a while and looked back down at me.  "Your dismissed."  he said and I nodded and started walking back to the building where marines reside.