Chapter 69: Sick

Rizu POV 

Its been a couple weeks since I last had the first dream about Thatch.  Each day that passes I would observe everyone and take note but no one has stood out to me.  Though as of recently   the dream appears again but in sections as it replays and stops.

The scene of Thatch getting stabbed constantly replays in my sleep and in my mind.  It bothers me that I've had to wear my mask again to hide my fatigue that's evident on my face.  

Staring at the wall in front of me as lightning and thunder boom outside.  My cold sweat drips down my neck, as I had the same dream.  "Again and again....Every couple of days I see it.  Though its only small parts and getting less and less time where I'm able to see anything."  I mumble to myself as I rest my head in my hands. 

Hearing the crashing thunder and the ship rocking makes me pale.  This feeling of worry has flashed through my system yet again as the scene in my dream replays with the storm that was in my visions.  

Standing up, I grab Ryuushi and briskly leave my room to go to the deck, just as I did the first night when I had this dream and those other times.  As the rain poured down on the deck, I stepped out and quickly walked around observing to see if I saw anything unusual.  

Huffing, I slouch down against the mast of the ship and rest my head between my legs.  "I'm going insane....Let's just calm down..."  I mumble as my clothes and my hair are soaking.  Staying there in the rain made me calm yet aware each time I hear the thunder.  'I must look like a crazy woman...'  I think to myself as I rub my temple.  

Lifting my head as the rain starts to hit my face, I close my eyes as I lean back and rest my head on the mast.  'It hasn't happened yet, he hasn't found the devil fruit....This is beyond eating away at me...'  I think to myself as I slowly get up and wring out some water before stepping into the cabin areas.

Sighing as my clothes stuck to me.  Heading to my room, I grabbed my towel and began to dry my hair and body off as I changed out of my wet clothes.  "How many times have I done this?" I mumble to myself as I ruffle my hair as I rub the towel on my head. 

Laying back down in my bed, I turn to my side as I look at my hands.  'Perhaps its time to tell Marco and Pops...Hopefully they believe me...' 

______________

"Marco."  I call out after finishing some training with Vista.  I wipe my sweat that drips from my neck as I kept my mask on.  

"Hm?  What's up?" Marco replies back as he turns to me and smiles.  Looking at him, I slip Ryuushi onto my bag as I place my hand on his shoulder.  

"Later on tonight I need to talk to you and Pops.  Its important, could you ask Pops for me?  I'm going to go rest before we meet."  I say as I look at him narrow his eyes at my tone. 

"Yeah, I'll go talk to him.  Go and rest.  I'll come get you later on."  Marco says as he grabs my shoulder and squeezes it.  "Is it a dream?"  he asks as I nod my head and clench my fist.  

"Yeah, its not something you or Pops will be pleased about hearing.  I just hope you trust me on this."  I say as I step back and turn back into the cabin area to rest.  My head throbbed as I felt cold shivers and sweat. 

As I walked down the empty halls, I leaned against the well and panted slightly.  'What's wrong with me today?'  I ponder as I make it to my room and fall on my bed.  Before I knew it, I knocked out. 

_________

Later that night

"So that's what happened...." I summed up the details of the dream to Marco and Pops as we sit in Whitebeard's room. Leaning my head in the palms of my hand, I sigh out as both men were quiet.