Chapter 44: Back Again

Rizu POV

Today I got everything ready and left the inn with all my belongings.  "Thanks."  I say as I wave to the owner of the inn as I make my way out and head to Masa's shop.  As I'm walking I see the streets filled with less pirates and more citizens happily talking.  'Must be the influence of White beard.'  I think as I look around as see a couple members of white beard walking the streets as the tattoo is visible with certain men. 

It's been a couple days since I had eaten with and saw the white beard pirates up close.  I had stayed quiet and kept low without causing any trouble with any pirates.  I thought that they would at least want to speak to me as I was rude.  But it seems as I was just overthinking.  

As I'm lost in thought walking though the streets, thinking of the whitebeard commanders and white beard himself I feel myself shiver slightly.  'They're strong.  But seeing white beard up close is so cool.  No matter how many times I think about it.  Even in my past life white beard has always been really cool in my eyes and I adored the fact that he called his crew members sons.'  

Without even noticing I walk past a couple commanders of the white beard pirates as I soon take a right down the street and see Masa's shop.  I smile underneath my mask and open the door to his shop. 

"I'll be there in one moment!"  Masa calls out from the back making me chuckle lightly as I walk to the counter and pull out my wallet.  

A couple moments later Masa comes out as he wipes his sweat with a towel.  As he looks up and sees me, he smiles brightly.  "Well look who it is!  Miss Rizu I have your weapons all ready and your little contraption just got better!"  He tells me as he heads to the back. 

I smile brightly underneath my mask and shift in my spot anxiously.  "Well here is your Ryuushi."  Masa states as he hands me my spear.  I widen my eyes slightly seeing it shine and sparkle.  "Wow.....You did a fine job Masa."  I say in awe as I look at the blade. 

"Hahahah of course!"  Masa chuckles as I strap Ryuushi onto my back as Masa then pulls out my contractible spear.  'I should really name it or something.'  I tell myself as my eyes widen once more seeing a brand new metal that shone but also looked thicker than the previous structure it had. 

"Now this was something I had worked really hard on.  I replaced the original rusty structure with this metal.  It's very durable and is easy to clean, it doesn't rust easily but its heavier than what it used to be."  Masa informs me as he opens the spear and runs his hand along the metal.

I nod my head as I listened.  "The mechanics are basically the same as it was before, but now you'll be able to open and use it with ease and faster.  This is the button that allows it to open, however this latch here.  I added it so it can stay close without any mishaps."  Masa finished as he handed the spear to me.  I weighed the spear in my hand and nodded.  

The spear was indeed heavier but not by much and is still easy to swing around.  I twirled it in my hand testing it as I pushed the spear down into its smaller form.  I hear Masa chuckle as I put the spear in it's place on my hip.  

"Thank you very much Masa.  I'm really happy and pleased by the way it turned out."  I say with a grin underneath my mask as I plop down my wallet on the counter.  "Is this enough for payment?"  I ask as Masa opens the wallet and pulls out a handful of coins and returns my wallet back. 

I raise my brow and look back in my wallet seeing that he left a couple more belli.  I pull them out and drop it in his hand.  "Take these too."  I say and he raises a brow and shakes his head. 

"I took my pay."  He says as he takes them out and tries to hand it to me.  I chuckle and take a step back. 

"Nope.  Consider it as extra since I'm really pleased that you did all this.  Plus materials and everything, they must cost more than what you took."  I say as I pull out another coin and flick it up in the air.