Love Vs. In Love

Love Vs. In Love

Between Season one and Two

Third Person POV

Lottie Holmes sighed, placing a small period mark at the end of her sentence. Yesterday was still a blur. I mean a dance that leads to learning about the supernatural? That was crazy. But she couldn't pretend it didn't happen. She wouldn't. One way or another she would help her sister when she woke up.

It was sad to look at Caitlin's passed out body but she didn't worry. Every doctor and nurse she asked said she would wake. She would wake, her stickers were healing, and she had no lasting brain damage. She just needs time to metal heal.

She couldn't even remember the lie they had told the police about Kate and Peter lying dead on the ground, one outside, one inside. But they did reveal the fact that Kate Argent had set the Hale house. Now Allison was the town cursed. Scott was the new 'hot guy', Stiles was the guy in the right place at the right time, and Cair was the hero. Lydia and Lottie didn't change much after the other day, at least in the public eye. Lottie was still the sassy pretty almost new girl, and Lydia was the queen that almost bleed out on the lacrosse field.

Lottie's pen scrawled across the page. Werewolves, Alphas, bloodlines, betas. It still gave the Holmes girl a headache. The only comfort was that Scott and Stiles seemed just as confused at any point as she was. They said the only one who seemed to know anything, other than Derek, was Caitlin.

She felt like she hardly knew her sister. 17 years and she didn't know her sister was supernatural. She remembered the times when she almost burnt down the house. Saying she didn't know what happened, that she was just dreaming and next thing she knew, her bed was in flames. It was just so bizarre that she never tried to look into it more, but now as she thought back, every word must have been true. After the second time their Mom made a meeting for Cait to meet her birth parents.

Cait was never really the same after that. She had a different bounce in her step. It wasn't bad, just different. She had this odd shadow at all times, like there was just one thing she couldn't say. But at the same time, her smile was brighter, like she finally understood herself. Lottie started to think her birth parents just told her what she was, that was the secret, but she finally understood the fires, or the bursting pipe drain, and that was where the smile came from.

It was like a weight was lifted from Lottie. Finally knowing what cased the shadow. Or maybe it was a weight placed, casting the shadow over her as well.

Lottie looked up at the knock on the door. She sighed, placing her pen inside the jornal as a bookmark. Standing she walked over to the other side of the room, opening the door. The spazmatic boy with the buzzcut had a face of pour worry as he looked past Lottie to his best friend. The only sign of life was the small rise and fall of her chest.

Lottie could almost feel the pain that was on Stiles face. The way his eyes lingered, almost shifting to a dark brown over their normal hazel. Or how his hands wouldn't be still, tangling around each other as if they were to fall off when they stopped. It brought back the fear she had when they first got to the hospital. "Stiles? Is everything okay?"