Giving Me Hope

Chapter Five : Giving Me Hope

When the black faded I was standing in a blue room. "Where are we?" I asked spinning to face Mrs. Yukimura. The whole place looked like a blue studio, like an editing screen should be behind me.

"You're the doppelganger I'm sure you will see." Very helpful. I saw a small light on the other side of the room.

Slowly I walked over to light. Turning my head I placed my hand over the light. The blue around us started to merge with different colors. Numbers started to sprawl over the screen as small globs spread under them. I walked over to the one labeled 33, my hand grazing over it.

The screen changed again. My brother sat on my bed, in my room on earth 33. Dean was just sorta looking around the room, his eyes landed on the iPad on the floor, 'Get them home safe Caity.' I heard his whisper. I watch as he stands closing the door behind him, causing the screen to change.

The back of someone's head was talking to me. At least I think it was me seeing as it looks like we were standing in the main frame for every doppelganger alive right now. I was just nodding my head to what this person said, till I didn't. 'What the hell?' I asked, clearly pissed, the person said something back but I couldn't hear it.

The images in front of me changed again. I was sitting on some bus, no not some bus, the same bus that Scott almost died on. Stiles and Lottie were standing over me, scared of something. I was muting something out loud but I didn't know what. My whole body was shaking and Stiles was screaming my name. My eyes fluttered open, the irises silver for a second before going back to their normal brown.

I blinked and the images changed again. I was standing in my old highschool. Or at the very least my real highschool, the one on earth 33. Lootie came up behind me, making me scream and drop everything in my hands. Lottie was laughing as she helped me pick everything up. 'Why Are you like this?' I ask, half laughing. 'Because what's the point of being your best friend if I can't scare the crap out of you every now and then?' she joked as we started to walk down the hall the images glowing white as we turned the corner.

"What is this?" I asked, spinning to face the woman who was with me. Who brought me here.

"It's your test. If you see anything that feels wrong, then this whole place would glow red instead of blue." Mrs. Yukimura explained, folding her hands in front of her.

I nod and turn back to the screen. Images start to fly by. Lottie jumping around on the old trampoline we dragged into the wood when we were like eight. The twins running around me when my eyes were closed, whispering 'zombie, zombie.' nothing felt wrong, it was just strings of old memories.

The pain on my wrist started up again, the small backwards five burning a sliver as the blue around us subsided. The room turned back into the dark hall of Scott McCall's house. "Goodbye Caitlin." Mrs. Yukimura told me walking into the shadows.