Chaos and Strife

Chapter Nine : Chaos and Strife

Scott Kira and Me sat on Kira's bed. She was looking over a picture but I wasn't really listening. I was more focused on the way Scott was holding himself. Like he was as fragile as glass that has slowly been cracking. "This looks just like me. This has to be my grandmother." That was the first thing I heard.

"You remember what Scott said about Malia? She was the last one to see Stiles at Eichen House. This picture and this." I handed Kira the samurai sword that was next to me. The hilt was entirely wood as well as the casing, "They found it with a body buried in a wall. With the same backwards five that the oni put on you." I turned my wrist over to where the small five was still burned into my skin, "This symbol, that was on the wall. I think it all goes back to your family, Kira. I mean your grandmother, your mom."

Kira's phone rang, "What is it?" Scott asked, turning to face the young kitsune.

"My Dad."

~

All three of us were parading the halls of the school. Looking for Mr. Yukimura. Kira had the sword we found with her, as Scott pushed open the next set of doors. We stopped at the open door of one classroom. "Kira did you bring it?" Mrs. Yukimura said from inside.

I turned to see the inside of the room. Mr. Ykimura was on the ground holding his throat as his wife rubbed his back. Kira slid to the floor, handing her mother the small red glass jar. "Are you gonna tell me what it is?"

"Reishi."

"You're not seriously giving Dad magic mushrooms?" Mrs. Yukimura force fed her husband till he started to cough. When he stopped he was faced with a napkin of mushrooms, a fly, and black blood.

"Are you okay?" Mrs. Yukmiura asked, as her husband stood from the floor.

I blinked, swallowing my spit, "Stiles did this?"

"He wanted the last kaiken." Mrs. Yukmiura pulled out a small black dagger from her sleeve. "But, I've kept this near me ever since your friend disappeared."

"Mom, you need to talk to us. About everything." Scott pulled out the picture from before, the only markings on it was a small 1943 on the back.

Mrs. Yukimura took the photo, "Where did you get this?"

"Is it Grandma?"

"No. It's me."

"If that's you, then you'd have to be like 90 years old." Scott points out.

"Closer to 900."

"Well, that's not that bad." I say subconsciously, "I didn't mean to say that out loud."

"Not that bad my mom is almost 900."

"Caitlin's is almost three thousand." Mrs. Yukmiura says to her daughter.