We Can Save Them

Chapter 11 : We Can Save Them

Back at the clinic that's when I first heard the screams and roars. I didn't waste any time with Deaton's warnings. I just ran into the pouring rain.

The water mixed with the gasoline still on my body, making it hard to see through the downpour, but I pressed on. The first time I saw who was running was when they stopped on the BHHS lax field.

Brett and his little sister. The rain seemed to slow as I ran in front of an arrow headed for Brett's head, raising my hand to stop it. All three of us watched it freeze in the air then fall to the ground. I turned my head to look at Brett. "RUN!" He nodded, turning round, grabbing his sister and bolting.

A swarm of arrows seemed to come my way, all stopping in the same place and falling to the ground. The assassin's came forward, clouded by the rain. I took a breath in, welding the water around then to stop falling. In their second of confusion I wrapped a ring of fire around them, compelling the water to stay away from the fire.

It gave me just enough time to get the hell out of there.

~

I sighed walking back into the back room of the animal clinic. I knew Deaton was about to tell me off for running out on him, still poisoned. "Caitlin, is that you?"

"Yeah, Doc. It's me. I couldn't see any faces. Just four killers, all of them wearing masks, all of them with crossbows."

Deaton nodded, turning around to hand me a pill, "Take this."

"What is it?" I asked, turning the small white oval over in my hand.

"Just take it. It will stop the aconite." I nodded, popping the pill into my mouth, and swallowing.

I ran out of the back room at the sound of the front door. Scott came into the building with a sigh of relief at the sight of me. Without thinking I ran over to him and kissed him, it seemed to bring me back to earth. I wasn't floating in a biosphere of fear, guilt, and regret. I was here, fighting to save people. "Are you.."

"I-I'm okay, Scott." I paused, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Reminding me that, I can't live in fear." He gave me a side smile before pulling me in for another kiss.

"Did you find him? Did you find Brett?"

"I might have found all of them." I grabbed Scott's hand pulling him back to where Deaton was. But It wasn't just Deaton, Brett, his sister, Satomi, and the rest of there pack. They had been there since I got back, but never really paid mind to me as I took the pill. "Satomi. This is who we were talking about."

The alpha gave us both a smile, "I know who Scott McCall is."

"Are we safe here?" Lori, Brett's little sister asked.