'Well That's New'

Chapter Ten : 'Well That's New'

Scott Stiles Lottie and I stood around Stiles desk. The Beacon Hills elementary school 2006 yearbook was spread out in front of us. Matt was circled in red shape and four or five arrows were pointing to his name. Stiles had x'x all over people who were either harmed or killed by Matt and his pet.

"So this kid's the real killer?" Sheriff Stilinski and his son. At this point Lottie and I had our shoes off and were holding them.

"Yeah." All four of us mutter. Scott sheds his jacket from the party and Lottie dramatically sits on Stiles' bed.

"No." The sheriff answers.

"Yes!" Stiles tells his father, offended.

"No."

"Dad come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles said, standing up from his chair.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class."

"All right, okay, right sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

"No you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." The Sheriff pauses. "Scott do you believe this?"

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us."

"Cait. Are you buying this?" The Sheriff asked me.

"Yeah. We know it's Matt." It's not really that hard to explain. I mean I can light myself on fire right here if I wanted to, but we shouldn't get into that.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found trie tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class that they would arrest him." Stiles tells his father as I take a seat next to my sister.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. I mean why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asked, spreading out his arms. "Our swim team sucks!" That's the best you could do Stiles? Really? "They haven't won in like six years. Okay we don't have a motive yet. But come on does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" The Sheriff gives in.

"We need to look at the evidence." I say sheepishly.

"Yeah that would be in the station, where I no longer work." We know. It hurts like a knife every time we think of it. So trust us, we know.

"Trust me they'll let you in." Stiles tells his father.