33. The run away

Lucy's POV

"I hate you!" Was the last thing I yelled at Jake that night. How could he?! He was going to abandon me all over again but this time it was to start a family. How could he get her pregnant?

I pushed past my brothers and ran to my room.  I slammed my door shut and wanted to scream. But instead I did something stupid.

I grabbed my bag and shoved it full of clothes and some essentials. I then waited till it was dark till I grabbed my keys off the nightstand and walked to the window. I dropped my bag out first and they carefully climbed down. I knew where I was going. I was going to Luke's hidden holiday home. It was safe there and away from my brothers.

I got in the car Luke got me and drove off. It was late and I got to the house quicker then I had expected. I opened the door and instantly settled in. It was actually really nice. I can see why Luke would have such a house to himself when he needs a break. There was a pool inside and outside and there was also an indoor gym and movie room. I decided to stay in the guest bedroom. So I went up and just went straight to bed without unpacking.

Luke's POV

"LUCY!" I woke up to Lucy's bed not even being slept in. I was furious. I knew she was up to something. She was way too quite. I should of know. I ran 3 miles back and forth from my street but still couldn't find her. She wasn't answering her phone. She'd left no note. Nothing.

I don't know why but I burst into Jakes house and just punched him. I still don't know why.
"This is all your fault. Lucy's gone!" I yell.
"You were the one who should of been watching her!" He then punched me back which was fair enough. I didn't really have a reason.
"I'm going out to look for her." I yell before leaving. I'm sort of all over the place right now. I'm not exactly thinking straight.
"Luke wait!" Jake calls but I'm already walking away and I kinda wanna feel like I know what I'm doing.
"Not listening." Then I got in my car and drove around. Checked with all her friends. Went and checked with everyone I could think of. And went to every spot I thought she knew but I couldn't find her.

I went home feeling defeated and tired her phone countless times. It felt like I was losing my mind. Is this how Lucy felt when I left?  Then I realised that her phone was in her room.

Then I did a really stupid thing and got drunk.

Lucy's POV

When I woke up I had to splash water on my face. I felt slightly guilty but convinced myself that this was for the best. If I'd stayed I'd only get angrier and angerier. Then I'd probably never  see Jake again.

How could he possibly get that horrible, disrespectful girlfriend of his pregnant. And why does he have to move to London. This is her doing. She's not even thinking about Jake or his career and his family. How could he chose her over us. Was nothing we rebuilt real to him? 

I mean nothing to him.

Then I got really angry and decided to explore the house some more. There was a game room, the movie room was bigger then I'd remembered, there was an entire room filled with all of Luke's movie posters and awards and props and costumes. It was actually kinda cool. Looking at everything that my brother has done without me was excited but also kinda sad. It was like he had an entire life away from me. This was everything I'd missed. That is never kept up with cause I was still angry with them.

Then I realised something. Why was all of this hidden away here and not at his home? Jakes were all at his house. But he also didn't have nearly as much as this. Then I found something interesting. It was a broken picture frame smashed on the floor.

I walked over and picked it up and turned it over. It was a picture of me and Luke. Why would he smash this?  I took the photo out of the frame and saw writing on the back. I turned it over and read:

You're a monster Luke. How could you leave her. Your her big brother. This is your fault. Why can't you just call her. Just pick up the phone and stop being a coward. Stop shooting your pathetic movies and using them as an excuse not to call. I'm so sorry Lucy. I should of been better.

Luke. He'd blamed himself for years. Did he hide these here to stop himself from reminding himself what he'd done. How he'd left. And I hadn't exactly made that much easier.

I carried on looking around and then I found something interesting and immediately without thinking it through I made the plans and probably my worst mistake.