chapter twenty five.

Weeks, days, hours and minutes passed and now, came winter. Today the first snowflakes habe fallen from the sky, covering the land with their cold bodys. "It's beautiful." Druella mumbled while trying to catch a snowflake through the window.

"Do you girls know what is more exciting then the snow?" Walburga said while sitting on her bed, painting her nails dark red colour.

"Yes we know, the ball." Druella said, she was now standing next to me, sometimes tickling me with her cold hands.

"Exactly! That's why we need to go dress shopping! Or all rhe cute one's are going to perish!" Walburga exclaimed amd Drvella agreed with her.

It's friday, classes are over and we are just outside the dress shop in Hogsmeade. "Fasten up your pace girls! I already see somebody inside!" Walburga was hastily walking, she almost bumped into the door. Drvella and I laughed at her eagerness.

As we entered the shop we were greeted with tons of pretty dresses, we could see Walburga already going through half of them. Drvella and Druella started to do the same, but I just sat in the corner were dressing cabinets where.

"Myra what are you doing! Go get a dress." Walburga said while tugging on my arm to get up. I sighed and stood up going. I don't even know what I'm looking for.

I picked couple of dresses, not sure if any of them are going to look good on me. Once everybody had couple of dresses we went to the cabins and tried them on.

"Drvella that one is perfect!" She picked up a dark green, long dress that had one strap and couple of diamonds on the front. Druella picked up blue one, it's knee high length and very puffy.

Walburga on other side picked a dark red one, colour going perfect with her dark hair and pail skin. And I still didn't have a dress.

"Maybe this one?" Walburga handed me a pink one and I already knew that I wouldn't like it, we went through more then ten dresses and I still didn't have the one.

"How about this?" Druella handed me a gold silk coloured dress, it was mid thigh length. Other girls already left, so only me and Druella were the only left.  When I put the dress on it was gorgeous, it looked good on my pail skin and went good with my honey coloured hair. My eyes were more prominent.

"It's the one." Druella smiled while clapping her hands, after that we went to the castle and to our dormitory. Two days passed and it was Monday again, now only five days till the ball and everybody was excited.

"Girls, Cygnus asked me to go to a ball with him!" Druella said happily while she stood next to us as we were eating.
Me and Drvella congratulated her while Walburga rolled her eyes, I don't know what is wrong with her.

We heard rustling and when we looked up we could see owls flying in the air, bringing letters to the students that just got their grades for N.E.W.Ts and O.W.L.S.

I looked at their reactions some were jumping from their seats some were miserably trying to read their letters again through the tears. When I looked over a Tom he had a neutral expression. Once we were done eating and everybody started to get up I went to Tom.

"What did you get?" I asked him, his letter now in his pocket of the robe. "The same grade on all." He said while looking down at me and I tilted my head with a smile. "Congratulations Mr. Riddle you are the smartest person in here." I put my hand out for him to shake it and he did giving me what seemed to be a smile that went away just as fast as it came.

"This doesn't mean anything to me." He pointed at the letter and we started walking, "what do you mean? That is the most important thing in the whole world, you can't do anything without that" I said while looking up at him, his eyes were looking over everybody's heads, he was tall.

"I do not need it to do what I want." Then it hit me, those grades can't help him to be the greatest. I didn't ask him about his future, now it's sti not the time for that. "Are you going to the ball?" I asked Tom as we strided through the hallways.

He shaked his head, like I didn't know that he will not go. "I'm not interested in it" he said while one of his hands went through his silk hair, it looked soft. "I got the idea" I said while smiling a little, looks like I'm going alone this time. "And you still asked me, why?" He questioned me with a raised brow and I just shrugged with my cheeks getting red, "I can not ask you to go with me, but I think that your crush will." He said while poting in front of us, there stood Lyall with a bouquet in his hands full of sunflowers, how did he get them?

"Lyall?" I asked out and the boys body turned around immediately, smile was put on his face just as he saw me.
"Oh Myra there are you!" He said happily while walking towards me, Tom snickered something under his breath, but I couldn't really hear it.

"Be smart about choices you make." Tom whispered in my ear and then he left me and Lyall alone. "You good with Riddle?" Lyall asked with a frown looking at Tom getting away I just went to another question.

"Why are you here?" Why was I mad at him? Was is because he interrupted Tom and I? "Well, as the ball is coming just around the corner I wanted to ask you something." He was nervous, I could see the flowers shake in his hands. That made me less mad.

"And?" I said, wanting to get over with this. "Do you want to go to ball with me?" He asked while looking up at me with puppy eyes, they didn't work on me.

"Sure." I said while talking the bouquet out of his hands, at least he remembered when I said that sunflowers were my favourite. "I'm excited to go to a ball with the most gorgeous girl." He said while taking one of my hands up and kissing it.

I blushed out of embarrassment, he likes me. "Yes, I'm excited." I lied. I excused myself and fastly walked away, the flowers almost slipped of out my hand.

I haven't made the most perfect choice and I just know that I will regret it late on.