chapter seventy.

"Myra?" Aries called out my name. He was looking in to my eyes, trying to find something. "What is it?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. A chilling wind that was blowing inside from the broken window made goosebumps form on my skin.

"You are a death eater, aren't you?" His voice got lower, but he was not afraid.

"No, I'm not." It is truth, a naked truth.

"I believe you, but you do have something in common with them. I can see that." Aries was smart as I said once before, he probably knew this from the day that building started burning. He just didn't want to believe his mind.

"That's correct." My answers were short and simple, if he asked I would answer. Anything.

"In what way?" There it is, that question I dreaded for weeks we have been together. Gosh, has it already been weeks from the day he found me in the forbidden forest?

"Their leader, Voldemort," I needed to use the name because not many knew him as Tom Marvolo Riddle, "was my school friend." I adjusted words so he would understand better. "That can not be possible." How can a girl that looks to be in her 6th or 7th year be a school friend with a man that finished it 13 years ago.

"It can and it is, I was dead for 12 years Aries. I can not grow old." It was painful to understand that, to know that my children if I would have any would die before me. That I would need to watch every person I adore and admire die before me. That I would be left alone in a world where people hate me.

"Then, you must be him." He knew just whose eyes he was so loving admiring.

"I'm the right hand of Lord Voldemort. The kinslayer."

His eyes never left mine, his hands never moved to touch the wand on the small tea table. There was nothing and it made me go crazy. The man in front of me didn't want to kill me, he didn't want to do anything to harm me in any sort of way. Why?

"Are you not scared?" I asked, while moving my hear closer to him.

"No." His answer came short, his voice slowly rolling the word out of his mouth.

"Aries, are you afraid?" I asked again.

"Yes."

His eyes closed as my hand was placed on his cheek that started to grow beard, he was getting more handsome by the day. But still nowhere near the man that waited for my return.

"You like me?" I questioned.

"Yes." He said again.

"Please, do not." I begged, trying to get him to open his eyes that were the same colour of the sky and seas. "Why not, are you afraid of loving someone?" Love was such a strong word.

I can not love anybody except a person that can not love.

"I'm not, but you must not love me, like me, because that will be your downfall," he wanted to interrupt, but I silenced him with a finger, "I love somebody, so please do not break your heart because of me." It is not worth breaking it for a person like me.

"I will try."

That was the end of our conversation that made my heart ache for the first time in a while. To thought of somebody loving me was almost imaginary, because I was chasing love for so long I never felt it on myself.

"I can't run for much longer Aries." I said one cold morning, blankets and fire couldn't keep us warm anymore. "You can't, but you do know you're not leaving without me?" He said and I only sat closer to him, he was warm and I was cold so neither of us spoke as we knew what awaited us the next day.

I woke up at night, with a furry body next to mine. It was better for him to sleep in the grim form because it was a lot warmer. I was jealous of him for such ability he holds. It was colder at night, no light to keep us a bit warmer. I shaked Aries out of his sleep, we needed to walk towards the port key that stood on a hill not far away from here. It will still take us till morning to get there.

So with tired eyes and heavy legs we began our journey towards the biggest threat known to mankind at this very moment.

Tom could see her walking with a girm. Her hair didn't get longer, her face stayed the same only her shoulders were more stiff and legs ready to run.

Run away from him again.

The grim beside her was big and strong, he was no fool to not know who it really was. She had protection this whole time she was away from him, that made him glad, but the beast had no more meaning now that she is back.

Tom traced the outline of her figure on the glass window, it was dirty by the dust so the finger lines stayed. He didn't let anybody inside the room she was last seen in, last slept in, last kissed him and made him lose himself in something other than power and pain.

He could hear the knocks her hand made on the old wooden door, he heard Dolohovs slow footsteps and a shudder of silence as he saw her at the door. Antonin Dolohov lost a hand because he couldn't catch her, he would have lost much more if she didn't appear here today.

Lucky bastard.

Tom exited the room swiftly and silently. He listened to the conversation going down in the living room of his manor. Everybody talked in hushed tones, but he could still hear the words.

"Thank Merlin you are back."

Words said by Malfoy who was carrying his crying son in one hand while the other tried to cut down ingredients for Drink of Despair, a potion that puts the taker in extreme pain.

It was needed for their new hostage.

Minerva McGonagall.