chapter seventy five.

A slaughter in the village near Hogwarts. Albus Dumbledore never heard of such thing happening before. It scared him, knowing that he is getting bolder just as his followers.

Where is the once scared boy, the lost one who roamed this halls alone for years? If he would to look the boy in the eyes now, he would find that person gone, completely. Only a bloodthirsty monster now in that flesh stood.

He was baffled, could have he done something to make this all not happen? Only if he wasn't so sure that the girl would succeed, only if he didn't let his last hope run dry on the back of a girl he didn't even know. Damed he was. Damed were all who looked up to him, a fool with no remorse. He himself isn't any better than him.

Dumbldores knees were starting to bend, his bones getting hollow day by day, and now he is slumped against a wall, trying to maintain focus and rationality. It was hard, not doing anything, but he knew. He is no more young, no more ambitious and no more with Grindelwald.

He was once a steady hand on his shoulder, a map on the palm he knew blind. But he is no longer with him, he made it like that and no day goes by as he doesn't resent himself for it.

"Myra Rowe." A name escaped his mouth, it brought him pain he didn't feel in a long time. "What was that sir?" A voice startled him, a one he knew and when he turned Slughorn was giving him silent judgment. "Nothing, I just remembered someone very important." He tried to balance himself of the wall, he will not look broken in front of him.

"Where are you going Albus? There is a storm coming." Slughorn was at his heels but Dumbldore was faster, swifter with his wand. "Do not wait for me, I have a meeting with someone." Without words he was gone.

"That girl is lost Albus, she can do nothing." Slughorn said behind him, only he didn't know that the girl could do everything she put her mind to and the only thing she needed was somebody that believe in her.

Riddles manor looked old but strong, it held high and unbothered. Dumbledore hid in the bushes at the back side, not before giving a quick glance inside, there was nobody home.

Except, a girl who was now laying in a bed against a wall. As she opened her eyes, every light in the manor went out. Her hair was pure light, white as the star she was in the darkness.
"What are you looking for here Albus?" Myra Rowe asked. She was no different than the day he meet her, except she was now in bandages and far more emotionless.

"Hope." Albuses whisper made Myra break a smile on her face which he could see hurt the girl. "What kind of man crawls into his own grave in search of hope?" It was that voice, the voice of a woman no longer a girl that made him shiver.

"A desperate one."

Myra grabbed Albuses upper arm, getting him to lean towards her. "There is nothing else to do Albus Dumbledore." She whispered, her voice broke down for the first time in front on her beloved professor. He knew there was nothing else, only he was an old fool in search of hope that no longer existed.

"What happened to you?" He asked, her young face was patched up and the scar forming of her cheek made her look older. She finally looked her age. "An inconvenience, nothing more. Do not worry for me, rather for the ones you love because in two days, we are coming. He is coming for you Albus."

A warning was the only thing left Myra could give him and he was grateful. The girl even if she hasn't fulfilled her duties to the extent they wanted, she did a good job. She bought them time.

"After all it was all only borrowed time anyway."

Albus took hold of Myras hand, clutching it in his own, his eyes stung as he like a prayer told all his sins to a girl that lost far more than he has. How selfish was he to think about himself when the girl in front of him gave her life for a future she was never made to be a part of.

"He's here, Albus." A chill went down Albuses spine.

"He wants you out, he gave you enough time." Myra Rowe looked over at the door, it was closed although she could feel his presence. "Why?" It was strange, he could have killed him so easily now when he was the most vulnerable he has ever been. "There is no why, both you and I will never know." Why Tom Riddle didn't kill him in that very moment will haunt him forever, but he had a good idea it had to do with the girl in the bed and her shinny greyish eyes.

"Myra." Albus wanted to say more, anything thay could comfort the young woman in front of him, but he knew that she already knew everything she had to.

"I will see you again Albus Dumbledore, at war or in death I will see you." She spoke the words both of them dreaded the most, their wands will fight against eachother.

"The ones who love us never really leave us, remember that Myra Rowe when you make your final decision." She will have to make it, the decision. Even if it meant that she will have to do the unspeakable, she hasn't yet decided.

"Goodbye Albus." The man disappeared through the window just in the time as the man clothed all in black emerged from the lit hallway though the wooden door.