chapter seven.

Two weeks passed and I haven't heard a word from him, has he backed out or is he scheming some wicked plan.

Now it's a day before Halloween and the party is getting prepared. It's not something that professors do, but each year one of the houses prepares it.

"Walburga, you are delusional" said Druella. Walburga was now trying on one of her outfits, now she was an ghost, with white dress around her body leaving little to the imagination. "Then I will be the devil!" She said after storming into the lavatory to take off the dress, if you can even call that a dress.

"So, Myra, what are you going to wear?" Drvella asked from her bed. I looked down at my bag. I originally thinked about being an angel, but then I realised that almost everybody will be that, so I went to be little more of a origina idea "a nightmare?"

It sounded crazy leaving my lips, but in my head it was a perfect costume. "What?" both the girl said in unio. I took out the dress, it was black, silk black. Then I took my wand of the nightstand, aiming it at my arm as I casted the spell. You could see bones on my arms, they were drawn on but realistic.

"Original, I must gave you that" Drvella said and I thanked her. I didn't know if I want to go to the party.

"Are you girls ready?" Druella shouted from the common room, almost everybody was at the party by now. I was in the lavatory, taking in myself as one usually does.

My petit figure felt suprisingly good in the dress. It was quit short for my liking, and I went to have no bones drawn on me today, so I just put a mask on.

"I'm done. Let's go!" Walburgas walked out in the red dress with horns on her head. She was walking confidently, and me and Drvella were walking behind her with our heads looking at the ground.

"Myra, what is wrong? You look sad." Drvella asked next to me. I was not sad but I know that Tom doesn't go on this kind of partys, so I'm just wasting my time. I want to have a good time but I'm on a mission here. "I'm not, it's just I haven't slept that much the night prior so I'm little off." I smiled, so she could believe it. Thank Merlin that I was quick with making up lies, one of my great gifts.

We stopped infornt of a wall, it was room of requirement or come and go room. Walburga stood infront of the wall, and in couple of seconds doors appeared, and we went in.

There was a lot of students in already, some dancing, some eating, drinking and chatting with their friends.

Me and girls went to get drinks, we got a glass of punch. "Look! It's Alfred, I'm going to dance with him!" Walburga was fast gone, walking to a blond haired boy. He was a seeker for the Rawenclaw team if I'm correct.

Mask that was on my face started itching so I took it off. I didn't really care. Druella and Drvella were talking next to me about who should they ask to dance with, but when two boys came our way and asked them, they didn't hesitate to take their offers.

"Pretty girl and still all alone." Antonins voice said behind me, he was dressed like one of professors. I didn't know what to say to that so I just shrugged, looking back at the dance floor.

"Want to dance?" His hand came in front of my face, it startled me, not going to lie. I shaked my head "I'm not much of a dancer" he went to say something but I cut him off "but, Sofia looks lonely, you can go ask her!" I pointed at the Hufflepuff girl in the corner, she was all by herself. Antonin nodded, saying goodbye but not before taking my hand in his and giving it a kiss on my knuckles. Once he was gone, I wiped my hand on the dress.

The door opened, and I was surprised by the boy that walked in. Tom, he was in his everyday clothes, he was looking around trying to find his group. He walked slowly but surely to them, some girls started whispering, but not that low so I could her them talking about asking him on a dance. I mean, everybody knew that he will reject.

I couldn't keep my eyes of the boy, but I couldn't just go and walk up to him. He still didn't say anything about the offer I made. After some time, seeing that he will not look at me I took my eyes of him. Drinking my punch in silence, standing in the corner now. This party was boring, nothing exciting is happening. I sighed, starting to think about leaving.

"Already leaving?" Deep and husky voice said behind me. When I turned around I was greeted with green eyes that were sparkling under the strong candle lights. "It's quit boring, wouldn't you say?" I asked tilting my head on the side. He chuckled.  Sound that was making me shiver.

"I thinked about your, what so called offer" he looked me straight into my eyes, hope was rising inside of me "before I start teaching you. I need to see how far you are willing to go for me." I knew there was something. He will do nothing if he doesn't get something in return.

"And that will be?" I asked, my hands shaking a bit. I tried to get them to stay still but it didn't work. "You will simply need to lie for me." As he said that it didn't sound that bad.

"To whom?" I asked again. If lying gets me closer to him, I will do it. Without thinking about it . "Albus Dumbledore" as he said the name of the man that put me into this situation I glurped. I rethinked about it, his facial expression didn't change but he waited for my answer. "I will do it."

I know that professor Dumbledore would be proud of me. I'm not doing this only for me or him. I'm doing this for for everybody. And if lying to the old man gets me closer to saving the world and getting closer to the boy. I will do it without hesitation.