Chapter 36: Daegu

Start from the beginning

"I miss you my love" I lowered my head while grabbing onto the edge of the mirror.

A buzzing made me jump up, I quickly looked around and realized that it was my phone lighting up.

I quickly grabbed the thing which almost felt foreign in my hands after not seeing it for a while, I always thought that not having my phone by my side would kill me but time proved me wrong, drown in the toxicity of social media we have lost the sense of reality which is so much more than the world inside our phones proves us. Things I have felt and witnessed were memories social media could never provide, because just like Lisa has said, the most beautiful moments are felt by heart so why taking out your phone and posting every detail of your life ? For whom ? What do you get from it ? You never know who wishes for the life you have, you never know what one picture of you can do to a person...

I shook my head and trying to shift my thoughts and focus on my display blinking display which had Lisa's name written on it.

"Pack your bags baby cause you're going to spend the most memorable week of your life in DAEGUU!!"

We will..what ?

"Lisa you know that I'm not in the mood for fun, leave me out of this you guys should enjoy your time"

I placed my phone down without looking at any other messages I might have received while I was gone.

But when the same buzzing sounded again I glanced over at my display.

"We will pick you up at 11 tomorrow. Be ready baby girl."

I sighed while placing my head inside my hands.

...Daegu ?

~

The next morning did arrive too early, last night I crawled into my bed and pulled up the sheets over my head to cry myself to sleep. The first night at home wasn't easy at all, I felt lonely despite my family being around me and checking up on me every two hours in which I heard the door carefully opening and closing again after a few seconds.

It felt weird being back while drowning in the same vivid memories, falling asleep without him watching me when I wake up, without hearing loud stamps of the guards behind the door while they would protect the royal room.

It all felt like a dream which ended way too soon.

While packing my bag I caressed my clothes and smiled sadly, though I wasn't a big fan of those heavy dresses I have to admit that I got pretty used to wearing them and the feeling I would get from wearing those princessy dresses.

I wasn't in the mood for this trip at all, Jisoo told me that our summer holidays would start today which I have forgotten completely while being gone. Before this mess I had planned on staying at my grandparents for a few days before everything had took such a drastic turn in my life.

I've never been to Daegu but maybe..maybe leaving this environment would help me to breathe again and forget the reality once again.

I shook my head because the further I would think about everything the more I would increase the lump inside my throat.

"Y/n?" The door slowly opened and my mother stepped inside with a plate full of toasts on it.