Chapter 21

*Jay's p.o.v*

      *5 Years Later*
   'Better the devil you know than the one you don't'. That's what my mother always told me. My thoughts are interrupted when Ethan snores. It's been five years. Five agonizing years with sleepless nights and no balanced diet. I've grown a beard. People thought I'd grow lean but I didn't. I always exercise in the prison gym to stay fit. I look around my cell and sigh. I wasn't always this ruthless and wicked. I had a normal childhood. My siblings and I had lovely parents. Everything was perfect until... college. My mom died from Cervical cancer. I remember how broken my dad was. Ian, my older brother moved to London. Keri on the other got married to her fiance'. I was left alone with my father and that's when I found out that my whole life was a lie. My father didn't actually owe his own company. He was a drug lord. I remember the day he told me the truth.

Flashback

''Jason?!'', my father calls out to me.

''Yes dad'', I respond and quickly walk into his study.

''We need to talk'', he starts off.

''About what?''

''Son, there's some things you don't know about... the family''. I take a seat opposite him.

''Dad, what are you talking about?'', I ask with my eyebrow raised. He sighs.

''Jason, I don't owe a publishing company. I'm actually the kingpin of the Scorpions drug empire''. My jaw drops.

''What?!''

''I know this is a lot to take in but that's the truth''

''Do Keri and Ian know about this?''

''Yes. Ian's even running some of the businesses in London''

''Why didn't anyone tell me?''

''Son, you were too young. I didn't want you to get hurt by my rivals''

''So why are you telling me now?''

''Cause you're 18 now. I'm getting old and I need you need to take my place''. I don't say a word.

''What do you say?''

''Sure. It's not like a have a choice''

End of flashblack

Two years after that, my dad died. I became the kingpin and I still am to this day. My goons notify me of every mission through laters they send me in prison. I wish it could be more effective. If only I had someone working from outside. I never told Vanessa about the drug business because I didn't want to hurt her. If she ever found out, she would have reported it to the police. Scorpions would have crumbled and I'd die leaving no legacy behind. Just then, the prison guard opens my cell.

''You have a visitor''

''Who is it?''

''It's a young lady''

I shrug, ''Okay'' and step out. Terry, the prison guard, walks me to the visiting room.
        I look up to see... Yinka. She smiles at me.
What is she doing her?

My gaze moves from her to the little boy beside her. I sit down.
''Who is he?'', I whisper.

''Jay... he's our son'', she replies.

''Really?!''

''Yes''. I admit I screwed this girl but I didn't think she'd have a child. The boy looks at me.

''Hey there'', I say to him.

He looks at Yinka,''Mom, who is he?''

''Damien, that's your father''. His face immediately lights up.
''Daddy!''

''Yes boy''. He runs around the table and I embrace him.

''Why are you in this orange jumpsuit? Why are you in prison?''

''Son, it's a long story. You'll understand when your older''. Damien simply nods. I look at him and see my features in him. A tear slides down my cheek.

I have a son!

''Yinka?''

''Mmhm?''

''I'm sorry for what I did to you. After all these years, I finally realised how much of a jerk I was'', I apologize.

She shrugs,'' You don't need to apologise. Yes you were horrible but I fell in love you... and I... still do''. I lean in and kiss her.

''We can make this work'', I say to her. She smiles.

''There's something you need to know first''

''What is it?'', she asks concerned.

''I owe a drug empire, Scorpions. I know I should have told you before and it's dangerous. Damien won't be in danger. My men would take care of you two''

''Okay''

I look over at Damien. He smiles at me.
''Son, you'll be a great man one day''. Damien giggles and my heart warms.

''He'll take over the empire when he's 18. The Scorpions is my father's legacy and I don't want it to end''

''Don't worry Jay''. Yinka rests her hand on mine. I press my head against hers.

''Now that I have a family, my life is meaningful. It's sad I'm in here'', I sob.

''It's okay, you'll be out soon''. She kisses me.

Terry walks in. ''Visiting time's over'',he says and I sigh. I hug my family one last time.

''Bye'', Yinka says while standing up.

''Bye dad!'', Damien shouts. I wave them as they walk away. Terry excorts me back to my cell. This is the first time in years that I'm actually happy.

* * *
There you have it. Jay's a drug lord. Damien is soo cute with him.
Don't forget to vote:)