Chapter 4

A/N:  Hey guys, I added a picture above so you could have a better view of how Raymond looks like

*Raymond's p.o.v*

 I'm on the way to pick up Vanessa at the highway. I get a call. It's my dad.

      ''Hey son''

      ''Hi dad''

      ''I've got new info on the case you're handling. The accused killed his neighbour not his wife''

      ''Whoa, thanks for the info. I'll add it to the evidence''

      ''No need to thank me. Later son''

      ''Bye''

That can wait. Vanessa comes first. I hope I can gather enough courage and tell her how I feel. I see Vanessa on the highway and stop by her. She's in a white denim skirt and a black Versace top.

      ''Hop in'', I say and she hops in.

      ''Hey Ray'', she says as she sits.

      ''So where are you taking me?''

      ''Shanen cafe''

     ''I love that place. Thanks Ray''

      ''No need''

She just called me Ray. I haven't heard her call me that in a long time. I drive to the cafe. We get there and we get out of the car. We walk seperately until our hands touch. That sparks that I feel is incredible. As we walk in, I find two free seats. A waitress walks over to us.

      ''So  what can I get you?'', the waitress asks.

      ''A cherry cake and coffee will do'', Vanessa says.

      ''I'll have the ginger bread with milkshake''

      ''Your order will be coming right up'', the waitress says and excuses us.

      ''We haven't seen  each other in four years. Do you by any chance have a girlfriend?'', Vanessa asks.

      ''No, not even a crush''

      ''That's a lie''

      ''I'm not lying''

      ''With all these ladies in the law firm?''

      ''Not even one''

      ''How 'bout Tracey? I still remember how she was all over you in law school''

      ''No but she's now my colleague lawyer''

      ''That's trouble for you''

      ''I know right'', I say and we both burst into laughter.

      ''Here comes the waitress''

The waitress comes to our table and serves us our food.

      ''Enjoy your meal'', she says.

      ''We sure will'', I say to her and she walks away.

Vanessa takes a few bites and I take a couple. I stop eating and admire her. Here goes nothing. It's time to tell her.

      ''Vanessa, we've been friends since childhood even though we were separated for four years''

      ''Yeah''