Chapter 13

*Vanessa's p.o.v*

''Bae I can't believe we're getting married in a week!'', I exclaim over the phone.

''I know but I miss you though''. I can imagine Raymond sigh.

''Me too but you've gotta wait till the wedding. I don't wanna become sex crazed''. I giggle and he mutters ''mmhm'.

''In a week, I'm gonna be spanking your ass everywhere in the house''

I bite my lip. ''Bet''

''Sorry but I've got a meeting in ten. Gotta go''

''Right, bye''

''Bye'', with that I end the call.
Petra calls me few minutes later and asks to meet up at the bridal shop.
After choosing our dresses, we would go check on the decorations for the wedding reception. I pick up my bag and drive out of the law firm. Raymond and I had decided to split the wedding plans. I'm taking care of the dress and decor while he takes care of the band and his suit. I already hadn't seen him in two weeks and I had to wait for another week. As I drive I realise miss him. I miss his touch, his morning kisses, his bad dad jokes, his sexy smirk and the bomb sex. My mind goes back to a couple of weeks ago when he came back from work and gave me the look he gives me when he wants me.
Flashback

He pins me against the wall and begins to kiss me with so much passion. I kiss him back taking in the familiar taste of cinammon. My mouth opens and he slides his tongue in. Our tongues fight for dominance. He moans in my mouth. I jump and wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me to his couch. He drops me on the couch with my back hitting the fabric with a thud. I whimper as he straddles me while kissing my neck.

End of flashback

Just thinking about it makes me wet. Oh this man made me sex crazed! I snap out of my trance when I see Petra standing in front of the bridal shop with her arms holded on her chest and nose scrunched. I laugh at her facial expression.
Childish ass!

Her eyes moves to my car as I drive closer to the shop. I look for a decent parking space. I pack and step out of my car.
Inside, I'm speechless.

''Girl, there's so many dresses to choose from'', Petra points out.

''I know''. A middle-aged black lady walks over to us and offers us a smile.

''Hi, I'm Lana, the owner of this shop. How may I help you ladies today?''

''I'm getting married in a week so I need a dress like asap''.

She giggles, ''Well, you've come to the right place''. Lana then shows me three new bridal gowns to choose from. I pick them and go try them out. In the changing room, I try on the first dress. It's a white satin dress with spaghetti straps. I grin when I see how my curves look perfect in the dress. Petra walks into the changing room and gasps.

''Nessa...you look amazing''

''You could say that again''

''I bet Raymond won't be able to resist you in that''

''Fuck you''

''Love you too'', she says and I roll my eyes.

''I'm gonna wait for you''

''Okay''. She smiles and walks out. I change back into my clothes and walk out with the gown.

Lana takes the gown from me and packages it in a rectangular box. I pay her with my credit card. Petra takes the dress and we leave.

* * *

*A week later*

''Ow, hey!'', I yell as Petra does my hair.

''Calm down and lemme do my job''. I yelp when I feel the chinese stick pass through my hair.

''There, all done'', she says and I look up in the mirror. I smile at my reflection. My make-up is almost natural with smockey eye lashes and brown lipstick. Rielle rushes in informing as that the driver is in. Quickly, I get up and pick my bouquet. Petra picks up our phones and we rush out to the car.
The church bells ring with me walking in with my dad. I smile from ear to ear when I see Raymond waiting at the altar. This reminds me of the first time we met in law school. Looking back, I realize I've always loved Raymond. My dad stops right in front of the altar as he hands me to Raymond. We smile at each other and turn to the father.

''Will the bride's and groom's parents stand?'', the priest asks looking towards the congregation. Obliging, our parents stand.

''Are you willing to always support this marriage by upholding Vanessa and Raymond with your love, counsel and prayers?''

They nod looking over at us. ''We are''

''Now to the couple...''

''Do you, Raymond Smith vow to be true and loyal, to love Vanessa in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, as long as you shall live?''

''I do'', Raymond replies.

The priest nods before turning to me,''Do you, Vanessa Miller vow to be true and loyal, to love Raymond in sickness and in health, in good times and bad, as long as you shall live?''

''I do''

''What token do you give as a pledge of your sincerity of your vows?''

''A ring'', we both respond. Rielle walks to the platform with the ring basket. I watch as Raymond picks the ring.

''I, Raymond choose you, Vanessa, as my wife. I do promise this day to love, honour and cherish you as my partner. I offer this ring as a token of our love, with it I join my life and yours. I'm yours even though... I'm totally not worthy''.

The crowd laughs at his last statement and I simply smile. He slides the ring onto my finger and I feel a tear slide down my cheek. I pick the ring from the ring basket.

Turning to Raymond, ''I, Vanessa choose you, Raymond, as my husband. I do promise this day to share my pain and joy with you. I promise to love, honour and cherish you as my partner. I offer this ring as a symbol of my undying love for you''. I slide the ring unto his finger.

''I now declare you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride''
Raymond removes my vale and presses his lips against mine. We pull apart.

The priest, ''Introducing for the first time ever, Mr. and Mrs. Smith!''

The crowd stands up as they all clap and cheer loudly.
''That's my bestie!'', Petra exclaims and Caleb laughs at her reaction.

* * *
What's Raymond and Vanessa's ship name?

Don't forget to vote😚✌🏼