Chapter 15

A/N: Song above: Billie Eilish--No Time To die. Sad chapter ahead😭

*Vanessa's p.o.v*

Sunlight hits my face as I wake up. I glance over Raymond and realise he's already looking at me. I half smile and he smiles back even though he looks sad. A tear slides down my cheek thinking that he blames himself for what's happening. My eyes move away from his gaze and land on the barrels.
What are in those barrels?
I feel a beep on my neck and look down to see a red light flashing on the necklace Petra gave me.

''Babe, I think there's a tracking device on it'', Raymond says upon hearing the beep.

''Yeah but how did she know I'd need one?'', I ask feeling more confused than ever.

''I don't know why but what I know is, they might be tracking us right now''. I smile when I realise how much Petra and Caleb care about us. There's a click as the door opens. Ethan walks in with his men behind him. I narrow my eyes at him and he smirks.

''Well, if it isn't my two favourite toys'', Ethan teases. I glare at him.

''What are you going to do with us?'', Raymond asks with his eyes pitch black.

''You're gonna die...'', I gasp.

What the fuck?!

He continues,''...but before that, I'm gonna have some fun with you two''.

''Boys, show them how it's done''. His goons move closer to us.

They punch Raymond in the gut and he winces. I hold in the tears as I watch them beat him up. When they're done, Raymond's face is covered in bruises. The men walk over to me. I yelp.

''No, please'', I sob. One of them hits my face hard. I try to speak but my jaw hurts so bad.

''That's what you get for putting Jay in jail'', Ethan says while lighting a cigarette. The man then punches my stomach. I jerk back in the chair as the pain hits me.

''All done boss'', they say to Ethan and he nods.

''Oh I almost forgot. You wanted to know what's in the barrels right?'', he asks walking over to one of them. He removes a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes the dust on the label. It reads, gasoline.

''Now you do''

''Please don't kill us'', I plead with him. What he doesn't know is, my hands are already free. I'm expecting some form of remorse but he just laughs.
Damn, this dude's crazy!

''No can't do. Oh and full disclosure, I'm gonna set this place on fire and the gasoline is gonna blow this place up''

''What?!'', Raymond shrieks. Just then, my necklace beeps again. Ethan walks over to me and rips it from my neck.

''That's a nice necklace you've got''. He throws it on the floor and crashes it with his boots.

''NO!'', I yell.

''It was fun knowing y'all but I've got things to do'', Ethan comments as he walks out and shut the door.

I look over at Raymond and show him my hands. Quickly, I remove the ropes on my feet and runs towards Raymond. I free him from the ropes and he jerks out of the chair.
''Where do we go?'', he asks me. I look around the room and realise there's a back door. We run towards the door only to find it locked.

''Wait, use this'', I say handing my hair pin to him. Raymond puts the hair pin into the key hole. There's a click. He opens the door and we run out.

''TIME TO DIE!'', I hear Ethan yell at the other side of the warehouse.

''Duck!'', Raymond yells as the warehouse blows up. I look back at the burning warehouse and shrieks. Raymond pulls me in for a hug.

''Let's get out of here'', he whispers and I nod.

* * *

*An hour later*

''Ugh, these shoes are killing me'', I complain about the pain of my feet caused by the heels I'm wearing.

''Then take it off'', Raymond says.

Smart ass

I take my heels off and look around us. I sigh when I realise we've been walking in the middle of nowhere for an hour. I'm about to give up when I see a highway. There's a billboard on the road, East Avenue. Raymond tries catching the attention of drivers but it's a highway so no one would stop to help. I look to my right and see a payphone booth. I nudge Raymond and point to the payphone.
''Maybe, that will help'', I say to him. We walk briskly towards it. I anticipate on who to call and I remember I know Petra's number like the back on my hand. Raymond takes out a quarter from his wallet and I punch in Petra's number. She hesitates for a while before answering. I can't help but exclaim.

''Petra!''

''Nessa! Oh my God, where are you guys?''

''We're on the highway at East Avenue''

''Okay, don't move. Caleb is on his way''

''We'll be waiting''. I hung up. I look over at Raymond and he hugs me. I'm so glad that nightmare is over.

* * *
Don't kill me😂. Next update soon...
Love all of you guys😚♥️

Don't forget to vote:) ✌🏼