Chapter 17

*Raymond's p.o.v*

       I wince when my hand feels my stomach. Due to the beatings that Vanessa and I received from Ethan's goons, I've got a huge bruise on my abdomen and a few cuts on my jaw. They wounds are healing slowly. Speaking of Ethan, it's been three weeks and he still hasn't been found.

Right now, I'm at the Manhattan prison cells with a detective trying to fiugure out if Jay had anything to do with the kidnapping. I know he did. He's so obsessed with Vanessa that he'd do anything just to hurt her. The prison ward leads us to the visiting room. Inside, we're greeted by a sour faced Jay sitting on the bench. As soon as the door closes, I pounce on him hitting him with all my strength. The detective comes between us to end the beatings. He puts me on the bench opposite to Jay. The detective takes his seat and removes a recording device.

''Mr. Richson, sorry about Mr. Smith's outburst...'', detective Mayers says looking over at me. I roll my eyes.

He continues,''...I'm sure you know why we're here today''

'Jay shrugs,'I don't''.

''You piece of shit! You know what you did. Did you or did you not order our kidnapping?'', I ask with fire raging in my eyes.

''I didn't'', he says. I look into his eyes and see sincerity.

''Are you sure of what you're saying?'', the detective presses him.

''Like I said, I didn't''. The detective nods.

''Then why did Ethan kidnap us?''

''Look, in the kind of business I'm in, no one's a snitch. Whenever someone gets caught, we seek revenge'', Jay explains.

''I get it''
The devil takes care of his own.

''What kind of business are you in, Mr. Richson?'', the detective asks raising an eyebrow.

''No need to rush into things. You'll find out soon enough'', he smirks.

''Since you were not involved in the kidnapping and attempted murder, no charges would be made against you'', the detective tells him.

Standing up from the bench,''Well, if you don't mind, we'll be on our way''. I turn around to walk out but Jay stops me.

''Wait! Raymond, can I have a word?'', he pleads.

''Sure''

''I'll leave you both then'', the detective says and knocks on the door for the prison ward to let him out.

''What do you want?'', I ask with a straight face.

''Man, no need to be serious. I'm sorry for everything...'' I scoff. He completely ignores me and continues.

''I'm not the best of persons but I'm truly sorry. The only reason I broke up with Vanessa was because of my business. I wanted to protect her and myself. I knew she'd report me to the police as soon as she finds out''

''What business?''

''I can't tell you. If I do, then I would be a snitch''

''Ugh, whatever''

''Even with everything that happened, I still love her''
Is this dude for real?!

''I'm sorry for everything but I'm not sorry for loving her''. I laugh.

''Did you just s... say l... love?''

''Yes. Why are you laughing?''. I've had enough with this nonense. I walk around the table to him and punch his jaw. He winces.

Grabbing his collar,''How dare you speak of LOVE?! You don't know anything about love. If you loved her, you wouldn't have hurt her. I don't care about how you feel but I do care about her. I'm telling you this and I'm serious. STAY AWAY FROM NESSA! Or I'll make you''
Jay nods feverishly and I grin. I let go of his collar and walk out of the room. I get out of the prison and drive home.

          As I drive, Jay's words come back to me. I still love her. This guy's crazy. I'm a very quiet guy but when it comes to the people I love, I can be very violent. My family comes first. I reach home and pack in my driveway. I quickly open the door. It's Saturday so both Vanessa and I are home. She comes from the kitchen and gives me a peck on the lips.

''Uh uh. Kiss me for real''. She smiles and kisses me for real this time. I pick her up and she puts her legs around my waist. She breaks from the kiss.

''Okay, why are you soo in the mood?'', Vanessa asks with her eyebrow raised. I sigh sitting on the couch. She's still on top on me now straddling me.

''I went to see Jay''

''What?!''

''Honey, calm down. Detective Mayers asked me to go with him''. Vanessa's mouth forms an 'O' shape.

''Can you believe what he told me?''. She shakes her head.

''He said he still loves you''. She laughs. I've got a crazy wife. I love that.

''That nigga is hella crazy''

Moving my fingers through my hair, ''That's exactly what I said. He made me so pissed''

''Hey, no need to be mad. You know, I could make you forget about him''. Vanessa moves her finger from my chest all the way down stopping at my crotch. She realises that I'm already hard.

''That was way too easy''

''You're such a tease Nessa''

''I love you''

''I love you more''

* * *

       Vanessa and I are back at the station. It seems they've got a lead on where Ethan is. Officers pace back and forth making me more nervous than I already am.

''Here, I've got him'', Gavin says. We all walk over his desk and look at his computer.

''What's this?'', Vanessa asks.

''This is a security footage from Lucky Ben's gas station. As you can see...'', pointing to the screen. ''...he just got there. He's in the gas mart''

''That's just fifteen minutes away from here. Okay everybody, move! Move! Move!'', the chief directs the officers. They all get in their cop cars and drive off with their sirens on. I turn to Vanessa who's pacing back and forth. She only does that when she's nervous. I walk over to her.

''Hey, come here''. She runs to me and hugs me tightly. I kiss her forehead.

''Everything will be fine''. She nods.
       Five minutes later, we see Ethan walking out from the mart with a few bags heading towards his car.

''Guys, his getting to his car'', Gavin reports over the police dispatcher.

''We're on it'', an officer responds. Looking back at the computer, I hear police sirens. Ethan panicks. He quickly gets into his car and drives away before they could catch up to him.

''Oh boy!''

''Don't worry. We'll find him'', Gavin assures  me. I nod.

* * *
Jay just won't give up😂. Will they find Ethan? Find out in the next update.
Who's your fav character?

Don't forget to vote:) ✌🏼