Chapter 3

A/N: Y'all been wondering how Nessa looks like. The picture above is Addison Rae but she has the perfection description of Nessa

*Vanessa's p.o.v*

        It's been a while since Raymond left the restaurant and Caleb looks worried. Something feels wrong. He wouldn't just leave.
''I think we should call it a night'', I suggest to Caleb and he nods.
''Let me get a cab for you'', he says. He stops a cab in front of The Arena. I get in and wave him goodbye.
The drive home is quiet and I'm fed up with silence. The driver notices and asks, ''Ma'am you want music?''.
''Sure''. He turns on the radio and I catch myself smiling. I just remember that I haven't called Petra today. I dial her number and she picks up almost immediately.
''That was quick'', I giggle but she says nothing.
''Why, is something wrong?'', I ask out of fear.
She sighs and mutters some words for about a minute before replying.
''It turns out Jay was arrested. He's a prime suspect on the case of the death of his butler but that's not all. He had threatened Raymond with a gun earlier and that's how he was arrested'', Petra narrates to me.
''That fucking idiot'', I curse.
''Naa, he's a dick'', Petra jumps in.
''Hey, that's way too harsh'', I say.
''Yeah, yeah whatever. It's not like anyone cares about him'', she says and we both laugh.
''That's enough for today. Goodnight''
''Sound sleep'', she says and I cut the call.
I'm out of words. I hope nothing happened to Ray. I quickly call Caleb.
''Hey''
''Yeah Nessa, what's up?''
''Nothing really. Would it be okay if I asked for Raymond's number?'', I ask.
''No problem. It's 473-688-7575', Caleb says and I write down the number in my journal.
''Thanks''
''You're welcome'', he says and ends the call.
I store Raymond's number and text him.
Nessa:Hey it's Nessa
Raymond: Hi. I'm sorry about how I left The Arena
Nessa: It's no biggie. What happened with Jay?''
Raymond: His car stopped in front of me on my way home. He got out of the car and pointed a gun at me. I punched him and he hit his head. That's how I called the police''
Nessa: Why would he do that?''
Raymond: At The Arena, he texted me to stay away from you
Nessa: The nerve
Raymond: Don't worry about it😉
Nessa: I hear
Raymond: K, bye Nessa
''Bye''
Oh my gosh! Could it be that Raymond likes me?

         I'm finally home. I open the door to my apartment to find Rielle watching television. She notices me and jumps from her seat to hug me. Rielle is my little sister. It has always been just the two of us. Our dad died before mom gave birth to her. Sadly, mom also died a year after Rielle was born. She is always going to be my priority.
''I missed you so much. Too bad you're always busy. I would have had you to myself for sometime'', she says.
''Well, good news is, I'm off for two weeks. I'm all yours'', I say and she gives me a bear hug.
''You know, we can watch a marathon of Sixteen Candles'', Rielle suggests and I nod.
''Nessa...''
''Yeah?''
''I'm sixteen and you're twenty-five. We both have a lot in common but you're older and you work. I've heard that you've broken up with Jay...''

News travels fast.

''...I'm not saying you should look for a new boyfriend but I'm saying you should live your life to the fullest. Spend more time with me and Petra. Who knows? Maybe one of these days, you will find Mr. Right,'' she says.
''Thanks sis. I think we should go to bed now''
''Okay''
We both head upstairs and in no time we're both fast asleep.

* * *

          The next day, I wake up feeling happy and very hopeful of a bright day. I prepare oats and toast for bread for breakfast. Rielle eats quickly and decides to wash the dishes. I lie in the sofa to watch the morning news. Every channel keeps discussing murder cases and I'm fed up. Rielle takes the remote from me and changes the channel to Mnet. I sigh and she smiles at me. We watch the movie together. In a few minutes, I get a call. I check the caller ID and it's Raymond. Rielle is now beaming with smiles.
''It's not what you think'', I tell her and answer the call.
''Hey Nessa, good morning''
''Good morning Raymond''
''By the way, how are you doing?''
''I'm fine''
''Thank God. By the way, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me today''
''Really?''
''Yes, maybe you and I could catch up. It's been a while since we went out to have fun together''
''Sure. Pick me up at 12:30 at the highway''
''See ya''
''Alright. Bye''
Rielle looks at me curiously.
''Well, that's new. Hurry! Get up and get dressed for your boyfriend''
''He's not my boyfriend'', I try to convince her.
''Crush?''
''No! He's just a friend. Believe me''
''Yeah right'', she says and roll her eyes.
I glare at her but she doesn't notice. I've got an hour to get ready for my date. Did I just say date? No, no I won't let Rielle's words get the best of me. We're just friends, I think

Y' all were expecting Nessa to freak out weren't you?
She's got a date with Raymond!

Next update coming soon...