Chapter 2

*Raymond's p.o.v*

I sigh as I look around the office. The law firm was not as busy as usual and I didn't really have anything to do. My next case would be not until next month. I justfeel bored and want to have fun. My phone rings, it's Caleb. I wonder why he's calling me.

''Hey bro'', I say.

''Yeah. You free tonight?'', Caleb asks.

''Of course but not for the whole night''.

''That's cool. Tonight we will be going to The Arena with a special someone'', he says in this teasy voice I hate so much. I roll my eyes.

''Whatever, I'll be there soon''

''Okay see ya'', he says and I hung up.

Caleb is just full of surprises. I wouldn't be more excited to see this beauty. She could be his girlfriend. I report to my boss and my secretary, Jasmine, checks me out. I clean my desk and walk out of the law firm to the parking lott. I get in my car and hit the road.

* * *

The road to The Arena is always free from traffic. I'm just a few blocks away when my phone beeps. It's a message from Caleb. I keep one hand on the steer and use the other to read text.

"Hey I'm still waiting for you and the beauty. Hurry up!"

I place my phone in my pocket and when I look up, I almost hit a lady. She screams but I quickly deccelerate to prevent hitting her. She stands still on the road and I get out of my car to help her. I hug her and apologize for being negligent. She smiles and breaks from the hug. As soon as I see her face, I gasp.

''Nessa!'', I scream and she smiles.

''Raymond, you almost killed me. I can't believe I'm seeing you after all these years. Where have you been?'', Vanessa asks.

''I've been working at my dad's law firm for the past four years'', I tell her.

''That's good to know''

''So how's life? How are Petra and Jay?'', I ask but I notice her facial expression changes by the mention of Jay's name.

''Life is normal. Petra is fine and Jay is no more my fiance.'', she says and looks away.

''Okay so before we met, where were you heading to?'', I try to change the subject.

''The Arena''

''I'm also going there. Hop in and let me give you a ride'', I say and open the door for her. She whispers thanks and sits in.

As I drive to The Arena, I turn to look at Vanessa. Her curly brunette hair flies in the air. She tucks her hair behind her ear. She notices me staring at her and giggles. Embarrased, I look away. In no time, we reach our destination. We get down the car and I spot Caleb who gives the both of us a wave. So Vannessa is the beautiful surprise. We walk over to Caleb and take our seats.

''I see you found each other'', Caleb says.

''Yes but how do you know Vanessa?'', I ask since I'm confused.

''We work at the same law firm as colleague lawyers'', Caleb explains.

''Oh cool'', I let out a deep sigh. I'm relieved to know that they are not a couple. I admit that I still have feelings for her.

''I brought the both of you here to catch up since you haven't seen each other in years'', Caleb says.

''That's very true. I haven't seen this nerd in four years'', Vanessa says and we all laugh. I stare at those plumb pink lips of hers and gosh I want to kiss her but I hold my breath. I can't kiss her here.

The waiter brings us some fries with bacon. He walks away from us.

''You ordered already?'', I ask Caleb.

''Yes...'', turning to Vanessa, ''So Nessa, I've always wanted to ask if Petra is single''

''She... isn't'', Vanessa replies in between her bites.

''I see...'', Caleb says and smirks.

''Why, any problem?'', Vanessa asks with a look of suspicion.

''No it's nothing'', Caleb blurts out.

''Alright'', Vanessa says giving us a weird look.

''Let's change the subject. Is there any case that the both of you are working on?'', I ask but I can see Vanessa feels uncomfortable with this question.

''The murder of Jay's butler'', she says and I gasp.

''Who? Where? How? Why?'', I continue to repeat the same questions in reverse not knowing what to do. Vanessa giggles and sighs.

''I was as shocked as you are right now. What happened was inevitable''

''Well, that's tough'', I say and puff.

I receive a text from an unknown number and I ignore it. Caleb asks whether everything is okay and I nod. Caleb begins to talk about his cases with Vanessa. My phone beeps again and this time, I open the message. The first message was wierd.

Stay away from Nessa or else... You will be next

The next message gives me goosebumps. It is a picture of the dead body of the butler. I feel disgusted and excuse myself from the duo, Caleb and Vanessa. I rush out of the restaurant and get in my car. I start the car heading to my apartment.

In less than a second, a black Ford stops right in front of me. Still seated in the car, I clench a fist. The passenger door of the Ford opens. A man in an all black attire steps. As soon as he stands in front of the car, the streetlights hit his face. I'd recogninise that face anywhere. It's none other than Jay. Quickly, I call the police and keep them on the line. Jay moves closer to my car and points a gun at me.

''I've always known you loved Nessa but if I can't have her, no one can''

This guy is crazy!

''I don't care. I love her and won't hurt her like you did. Leave her alone'', I fight back and punch his face. Jay falls and hits his head on the ground. The driver of the Ford drives off. I get back to the police on my phone and give them the location.

The police arrive and arrest Jay who is now conscious. I wonder how Vanessa would react to this.

Oh Jay got some serious problems!
New update coming up

Don't forget to vote:) ✌🏼