BACK HOME (2)

The carriage stopped by the Medicine Pavilion as Ichika wanted to collect some herbs that her master needed for pill making. She boasted about her master to Sakura while travelling, enhancing the fact that he was very strict in choosing disciples, only extraordinary and talented disciples were under his care. Of course, she was also praising herself and raising her self-esteem, Sakura thought.

After dropping Ichika to her destination, the carriage continued onward. Sakura could feel  the unknown person's presence behind her, hidden in the shadows.

Sakura decided to play a little trick on him to lead him astray. She caste an illusionary spell on him, evoking his deepest fears. She was careful enough not to indulge too much as it may cause mental trauma and reveal her identity as the caster. It was just enough to stop him for a while, of course, Sakura didn't look behind, to see his reaction.

As soon as she stepped into the Orchid Pavilion, she was greeted by her father, Prime Minister Eito who was sitting on the chair and sipping tea. He looked worried as well as anxious to talk to her. He was a man in mid-thirties, handsome, well built with charcoal eyes and dark brown hair. He was wearing a white long garment with a black coat on top of it, engraved within was a dragon pattern. On his waist hung a golden token of Imperial Palace which allowed him to enter and exit the palace as per his wishes and also a long sword in a leather sheath. He looked like a sage deity, Sakura thought.

As soon as he saw Sakura he hugged her and said ''Sakura, how are you know? As soon as I got to know about you being unwell, father rushed here in a jiffy. " Tears swelled on his face seeing his daughter after one week , he missed her so much.

''Father," she said softly, glancing at him with her big round eyes, she felt nice. She felt him like a fatherly figure, caring and loving towards his daughter, although she was ugly and mocked at. He was truly a hero in her heart already. A family was what she craved for in her previous life but was unfortunate not to get one, this time she won't let this chance go and protect her family, Sakura thought.

He released Sakura from his grip and noticed faint wounds that almost were completely healed and his gaze darkened. He asked her, 'Who dared tried to hurt you! Don't they fear me? Tell me Sakura, I will smash their bones and turn them into dust!". He was very angry and demanded an explanation from her. Unless Sakura told him who was the perpetrator, he would not set his foot out of Orchid Pavilion he declared.

Seeing her father's reaction, she was touched. The previous owner was so lucky to have him as her father and now she became the lucky one.

She replied calmly, 'Father they were just assassins who were after my life and even I don't recognize them as they were in disguise. You don't need to worry, as, at the right moment an expert came and saved my life, otherwise, I won't be standing in front of you today". It was a lie that she didn't like to tell her father but was forced to do so. After all she can't tell a different story to her father, otherwise, she could be executed for lying to the Emperor. Sakura did not wish for such an outcome.

His gaze softened after listening to her and his worried face vanished and in place of it was a happy one. He asked her about the annulment of the marriage but Sakura assured him that she was fine with it and explained the Crown Prince was not the one meant for her. He was glad that Sakura didn't break down and start crying over this trifle matter and he believed in her character. He encouraged Sakura by saying that there was a better man who will be out there who would accept her for who she is and love her wholeheartedly.

After a long conversation, Sakura asked, if he would give the permission to her to change the  interior and exterior of the Orchid Pavilion, as it looked very dull and unclean. He looked at her with astonished eyes and agreed easily to her request. He gave her a lot of money for the deed which she safely kept under her bed so no one else could steal it.

After her father left it was already night and time for dinner, she had no one to accompany her as Yua was in her hometown to celebrate her grandfather's birthday. Sakura insisted her to go as she knew how much family matters.

A maid delivered her dinner in her room and left quietly. Her father had just returned from his journey so she was getting treated better now. This could not happen forever as she couldn't rely on others, but for now it was alright. There was a small bowl of chicken soup, a plate full of hot steaming rice, spicy fish curry, a salad with fresh dressing and a sweet dish in liquid state. Sakura gobbled up all the food and burped aloud, she laughed at herself. Then she cultivated for one hour which resulted her in opening her fourth meridian and she was blissful.

Sakura closed her eyes dreaming of her home in modern times. She was lonely but had a pet dog named Dodo who always followed her around and was sad to leave him behind as he had no one except her in that world. Sakura soon fell asleep after her dream ended as she died in her previous life.