IMPERIAL PALACE (1)

The eastern side of the Palace was reserved for high authorities of the continent and esteemed guests.

In a room there were two people. One was sitting leisurely on a soft chair and the other one was standing beside him.

''Master, it seems elder master is still alive, "the shadow guard said noticing the grim expression on his master's face. He was with master throughout his life and had accompanied him throughout his struggles and achievements. No one knew his master well enough as he himself knew, though elder master was an exception. His master was happy right now though he held a grim face.

''I hope so, if it is really true then I would be the happiest person in the world," he stated.

''As long as you are hopeful miracles can happen," replied the shadow guard.

''This is exactly as he said, I want you to keep an eye on that girl. I am curious as to why brother risked his life to save her, maybe she is the pawn to find him. What do you think?" he said.

''You might be right master, maybe we can use her to find elder master," replied the shadow guard obediently a he proceeded towards the window.

"Stop! you don't need to go personally to keep watch on her. Send someone from the organization that might be enough," the man said getting up from the chair.

The shadow guard nodded and then disappeared. The man stood by the window watching at the twinkling stars in the peerless sky. He removed his black mask and behind it lay a very beautiful and handsome chiseled face that had no imperfection on it. Meant to be admired by everyone, but hidden behind a facade.

''Elder brother, if you are still alive why hide for so many years? Is the enemy too powerful or is it some other reason you are not willing to see me? Do you think I am not capable enough to fight beside you? I also want to take revenge for our parents. Please come back soon, I will be waiting for you to plan our revenge," he said.

He put the mask back on and sighed. He blew the scented candles and proceeded towards the huge bed and glanced at the sword that lay on it. It was the last present he received from his elder brother before he disappeared. He treasured it a lot, always carrying it along with him wherever he went. He slept soon after he hit the bed, but was still alert about his surroundings.

If anyone would see this person, they would definitely recognize him. Specially royalty, as he often graced his presence at royal occasions of the continent as he did tonight. He was the Leader of the Blood Devils.

On the western side of the Palace. Inside a guest room Sakura was meditating on her bed. She opened her eyes at looked around and heard a knock on the door. A maid carried a tray full of delicious food and set it on the table. She got to know from the maid that this meal was arranged by the Empress for her. She dismissed the maid and sat down to eat. The Imperial palace was sure not short of food, she thought. There was a medium bowl of hot ginseng soup, a large bowl of thick chicken curry containing various types of spices. A plate full of fresh cooked steaming hot rice. Three types of different vegetable dishes, a large piece of cake for dessert. Sidelined with tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon, chilies and some other seasonings. She ate all of it heartily and for the first time felt that her stomach was full. She burped and smiled stupidly. The feeling of relaxing, it was quite some time she had this kind of feeling.

She looked outside; it was a full moon day. She remembered her family very much though they were dead. A tear trickled down her face. Slowly a feeling of loneliness crept around her. She wiped her tear and looked happy. Now she was not alone she had a loving father who doted on her and her mother's friend who treated her kindly. If only life could be as easy as it was, but in reality, she had to face her difficulties. She had yet to take revenge from those people who annihilated her family, how could she sit still like this.

With a determined expression on her face she slept off soundly in the silent night.