Chapter 17

After the funeral I have got my normal day rutine back. I have been spending a lot of time with Niall and his family and my family of course. I even met up with a few of my old secondary school friends who still live in Mullingar.

It was our last day at home before we would head back to London. I was having a picnic with Niall at a deserted park.

Niall was sitting on the blanket we had set up on the grass and I was laying down with my head in his lap. He was feeding me with some grapes and we were laughing about the silliest things.

"Knock knock." He said. Oh not again. His knock knock jokes aren't funny.

"Who's there?" I asked, trying to sound interested.

"Lettuce." He smirked. I rolled my eyes. I know what he will say. He'll say:" Lettuce in it's cold out here!" And he'll laugh his ass off and I'll pretend to find it funny.

"Lettuce, who?" I asked, bored out of my mind about this joke.

"Lettuce in it's freezing out here!" He burst out laughing.

I fake laughed and said:" Wow Niall that was a good one."

"That's not how you really feel Vicky. Don't forget that I can tell when you're lying." He said with a serious expression and looked me in the eyes.

"Well I've heard that before so..." I smiled.

"You know what Reynolds?" He smirked. Oh no, this won't be good. I know that smirk.

"What is it, Horan?" I smirked back.

"If my jokes won't make you laugh, I know what will." He said and jumped on top of me and started to tickle my sides.

"Niall please stop it!" I laughed.

"Not until you say:Niall is the funniest guy on earth and I will cook for him in London!" He yelled and kept pinning me down.

"Never!" I giggled, still squirming in the ground trying to make him stop tickling me.

"Then I won't stop!" He smirked.

I kicked him lightly in his balls with my knee but just enough for it to hurt a bit.

He was caught by surprise and fell on top of me. I pushed him off of me and we were now lying beside each other.

"Geez Victoria that hurt!" He laughed and held hid hands over his balls.

"Oops, sorry, that wasn't my intention." I said sarcastically.

"This is so not over." He said and turned his head to look at me.

I turned my head in his direction as well amd whispered:" Game on, Horan."

I lifted my eyebrows a couple of times and got up on my feet as quickly as I could. I started running away from him.

He caught up about my actions and got up as well. I heard his footsteps hot in my tail.

Niall quickly caught up to me, he is faster than me and all. He flew his arms around my waist and sort of hugged me from behind, not letting me go. I let out a squael out of surprisement when my feet were lifted off the ground.

I cursed under my breath and he put me down and turned me around so I was facing him.

"You've been a bad girl, Victoria." He said seductively which made me laugh.

He took a step towards me so I backed up to create some space between us.

"Don't ever try to run away from me again." He whispered and took another step towards me.

I took a step backwards and my back met a tree. What was he doing?

He lifted his arms on each side of my head and leaned closer to me. My breathing became uneven. Why is he pinning me to this tree? What is he up to?

He leaned in, only a few centimeters seperating our lips. I could feel his hot breath on my lips.

Can he just quit teasing me for a minute and kiss me?

He leaned in closer to my lips and I closed my eyes. Is this really happening?

Just when I thought he would actually do it someone interrupted him by yelling:"Victoria!"

My eyes flew open and Niall jumped away from me.

I groaned. It was Tyler.

"It's good to see you babe." He smiled as he approached us.

"Don't call me that." I muttered.

"You never texted me. I heard about your grandmother. I'm sorry Vic, I know how you must be feeling right now. And I understand that you needed time for yourself but seeing you here with this guy" he pointed at Niall "is just too much for me to see."

"And?" I spat.

I didn't want to make Niall angry. Plus Tyler was being very annoying at the moment. He cant't just expect me to forgive him for cheating on me!

He came closer and tried to take my hands in his but Niall stopped him. He sighed out of annoyance and spoke:" You don't need this lad at all, he's just trying to keep us apart even though we are supposed to be together. Do you remember how much fun we used to have all the time? I can't lose you. You are the love of my life."

Niall's body tensed. I can tell he tried to control himself so he didn't say anything, he just had his arms around my waist. Probably something a protective brother would do. He doesn't really care if I'm with Tyler or not. He just doesn't want my heart to get broken again.

"Well that's too bad, because you aren't mine. You should have thought about that before you had sex with someone else!" I yelled.

"I know baby, it was a terrible mistake. Can we please go somewhere and talk about this, in private?" He suggested.

I looked up at Niall. He didn't seem to like the idea of me talking to Tyler without himself protecting me. I can take care of myself and make my own desicions. I can't take this anymore. I love him but he still thinks of me as a sister. It's so frustrating!

Niall then opened his mouth and spoke:"Look Tyler. Personally I think you are a pain in the arse. Can you leave us alone for five minutes so we can discuss about this?"

"There's nothing to discuss about. This is between me and Victoria, stay out of it mate." Tyler said, surprisingly calm.

"Just go Tyler! I'll text you and we can meet up somewhere.

"Alright." He mumbled and walked away.

We made sure he couldn't hear us anymore and then I looked up at Niall questionably.

He bit his lip. He was definetely nervous and tense.

"I don't want you near him do you understand me Victoria?" He said.

"What's your problem you're not the boss of me! I can talk to whoever the hell I want to!" I said angrily. What is with him?

"Just please don't talk to him." He said, his voice now soft and pleading.

"And why?" I asked in a harsh tone.

"Because I love you." He said out of breath.

"That's not good enough Niall." I said. I know he loves me. His love for me is platonic. He loves me as a friend. I want so much from him.

"No I don't think you understood." He took a deep breath. "Victoria Reynolds, I'm in love with you."

A.N.

Heyy thank you so much for over 1k reads this incredible!!! I can't thank you enough!