Chapter 9 - Until the Days of Spring

Notes:

Small heads up: this chapter might be a bit emotional?

⊱ ────── {☽.⋅✿⋅.☽} ────── ⊰

It ends like this.

Namjoon was cold under his arms when he grabbed him with trembling arms. Namjoon's face was blanch, white as a sheet, his lips a muted purple color.

Seokjin tried to breathe but there was no air.

He shook Namjoon. Once. Twice. Called his name.

He was met with silence.

Seokjin's vision blurred, he furiously wiped away the tears. He pressed his ear to Namjoon's chest, hands gripping Namjoon's wrist. Looked for a pulse, a heartbeat, a breath. Anything. Anything at all. Don't leave me, Namjoon, don't do this to me.

It ends like this.

Seokjin tried to heal him. He tried to channel whatever power he has left, all the will he has in his own soul. He pressed his palm firmly to Namjoon's chest, directing everything within himself to heal Namjoon, save him, don't take him away from me.

Just like that time when he healed Namjoon's cut. When he restored the bonsai tree. When he fixed Yoongi's leg.

Seokjin focused. It has to work it has to.

He thought of Namjoon and his dimpled smile, patient eyes. His brilliant mind, passionately rattling on about his fascinations. He thought about how much of life Namjoon has lived, and how much he hasn't. But-

Nothing happens.

Namjoon was gone - there was nothing to heal.

Seokjin screamed in agony and punched the cold water. Knuckles meeting sharp rocks. He pulled out his fist from the water red and bruised.

Seokjin pressed his ears to Namjoon's chest again. Listening. Listening. Anything. Please. Anything at all.

There was nothing.

It ends like this.

Seokjin dragged Namjoon's body- No, Namjoon. He dragged Namjoon to shallower water. He cradled him close. Cupped a trembling hand to the side of his face. Brushed a thumb along the indent of his scar as he had done so many times. He said his name.