Chapter 7 - Broken Bone

[TRIGGER WARNING!] In this chapter, there is a scene that depicts violence/an injury in some detail. Oh and some curse words.

⊱ ────── {☽.⋅✿⋅.☽} ────── ⊰

The car skidded down the dirt path. It stopped at an empty patch next to the bridge.

Namjoon stepped out from the passenger's seat, relieved to finally stretch his legs after a few hours of being cooped up in the car. After rolling his neck, he turned to open the back seat, revealing a suitcase and some boxes. He heard the driver's door open and close.

"Need help with that?"

"No, I got it," Namjoon huffed as he grabbed his suitcase and hauled it out from the back seat. He dropped it to the ground with a grunt.

Namjoon looked up with a grateful smile. "Thanks for the ride, Yoongi. And for helping me move. Thanks for all of it."

Yoongi waved a hand, reaching into the backseat as well to pull out his own backpack. "Don't mention it. Besides, I need a vacation too. A little break to the countryside is very much welcomed." He shrugged on his pack and looked around the forested area. He spared a moment to breathe in the fresh air and take in the warmth of the sun. "Heh, I like it here already. You picked a good place, Joon."

Namjoon smirked. "Yeah, I did."

He was eager to return to his now official home and, especially, to see Jin again. It's only been five days, and yet Namjoon couldn't help but feel a kind of emptiness in him the longer he's apart from Seokjin.

"Wait." Yoongi jerked his head back towards the car, where a bunch of boxes were still piled up in the backseat and the trunk. "What about the rest of your stuff?"

Namjoon shrugged dismissively. "We can get those later, no rush."

Yoongi scoffed. "Fine, but we're getting them later. Good thing you don't have a lot of stuff then, at least. No need to hire a moving company."

"A perk of living in a one room apartment." Namjoon's suitcase rattled on the ground as they walked across the bridge. "And besides...the most important things I need are already here."

⊱ ────── {☽.⋅✿⋅.☽} ────── ⊰

The weather that day was nice, thankfully. The skies were clear as Namjoon led Yoongi to the house - his house, now.

Beside him, Yoongi let out a low whistle. "So, this is your new place, huh? Not bad at all."

Namjoon was about to respond when the front door flew open and, just like that, his heart soared.