Chapter 6 - A Faint White Glow

⊱ ────── {☽.⋅✿⋅.☽} ────── ⊰

Neither of them moved. Silence engulfed them like a heavy fog, aside from Namjoon regaining his labored breath. Seokjin hasn't stopped staring and staring at the water that rippled beneath them. Above them, the moon.

"Namjoon..." he started. "Twenty years ago. You were on this bridge. What do you remember?"

Namjoon blinked, taken aback by the question that was now suddenly directed to him. He answered anyway.

"It...it was raining hard that night. I was wandering around outside, for some reason. I came across the bridge and...they told me I must've fallen off. Seokjin-"

"Do you know why you fell? Have you ever wondered how?"

Namjoon shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I was clumsy, maybe it was the wind. They found that a part of the railing was broken, after they found me. I was told I must have slipped or stumbled to the river. Why?"

At last Seokjin looked at him with wide blown eyes, as if the world had been pulled from the inside out. He studied Namjoon's face all the while looking unnaturally pale. Was it because of the moonlight? Why does Seokjin look like he was glowing?

Namjoon blinked out of his trance when Seokjin spoke again, slow and purposeful.

"Have you ever wondered; what if that wasn't what happened?"

"What do you mean."

"What if you didn't fall. You jumped."

"What? "

Namjoon was lost, to say the least. But there was something. Something inside him clawing its way out, surfacing from the far corners of his mind. A piece of his memory that's been buried deep, so deep it nearly dissipated through the years.

Yet at this very moment it gnawed at him, pleading to be remembered, but Namjoon still couldn't place what exactly it was.

And then- and then Seokjin's eyes began to shimmer. Crystal tears pricking at the corner of his lashes. He smiled.

"Namjoon, do you remember a boy? A boy your age, who isn't from earth. Twenty years ago he fell from the sky one stormy night, to a little village surrounded by bamboo trees and a river. Do you remember him?"

Seokjin's voice echoed through him.

"Do you remember me? "

And then it all came back.

⊱ ────── {☽.⋅✿⋅.☽} ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

It was dark and stormy.

The rain hadn't let up since the sun set hours ago, and has shown no sign of stopping even as the clock ticked further into the night.

Six-year-old Namjoon couldn't sleep. Water pounded in sheets atop the house, so hard he was afraid the roof would cave in and bury him alive. A flash of light lit up his room, and Namjoon hid under his blankets when the thunder roared through his walls.

A gust of wind wretched open his window. The panes slammed inwards to the walls. Cold air and rain ruthlessly invaded his room.

Namjoon scrambled from his bed. He struggled to catch the trashing window panes. The icy rain baragged his cheeks like needles. He finally got hold of his windows when- he saw it.