Overshadowed Happiness...

Start from the beginning

"You are right, Nikki, and I think it is the best moment for me to thank you for everything you did and do for me. The three of you became my rocks, it's the first time I feel loved and it's not only because of Elias, it's because of you and the guys! Thank you!" it's Alice turn to say, with her cheeks blushed and I give her a warm smile, with the girls mimicking me.

She is the sweetest soul there is and she I am very happy to say she got completely adapted in her new life here. She is not as shy and silent as she used to be until some days ago, it's about a week and more since she moved to Elias' room and she is very cheerful, happy and relaxed. She also feels comfortable with everyone and I have understood that she and Elias have made some important steps forward, although they haven't marked each other or even mated.

"We did nothing, my friend. You deserve only the best and we are happy for you and Elias. We are glad to see you closer, your faces and eyes are shining, you help each other. He has opened up a lot from the day he met you and you keep on getting stronger and stronger!" Ellie replies and I groan in agreement, but Alice gives us a mysterious, quite weird look and we narrow our eyes confused.

Hm... Is she up to something?

Her eyes shined when Ellie said they are closer with Elias, I mean more than the usual, so... What is going on?

"You give me a great opportunity to tell you something. I had been thinking about it the last days after Diana's birthday and the battle and I want to share it with you, because I am sure and I need your encouragement and helpful opinion." Alice states before we ask her and we exchange impatient gazes with Nikki and Ellie in acknowledge.

Please tell me it's what I think it is, because I am dying!

I hold my breath in agony, my heartbeat gets faster and even Destiny moves in my mind, waiting to listen to Alice and what she has to tell us. Fortunately, Alice decides not to keep us in agony for more and takes a deep breath after she clears her throat.

"I... I want to ask from Elias to mark me, I'm ready, I want it!" she announces and Ellie, Nikki and I leave out a loud, surprised scream.

I knew it, yes! Oh my Goddess!

Her smile is breathtaking, she can't hide how excited she is and she shows power. Her shy, scared self is gone and Ellie was right, Elias makes Alice very strong. I wished she would take this decision, because Elias doesn't want to pressure or even scare her by opening this discussion, he truly loves her and now they will be great, he will mark her!

"YEAH! See? Things get in their places, first Diana with Daniel, now Alice with Elias and soon Jeremy and I and... Oh, well, I mean..." Ellie yells enthusiastic, with her hands lifted up, but stops under our confused gazes and bites her lower lip while her cheeks turn red gradually.

She definitely knows something, she has a very guilty look and I smell her excitement. She doesn't look nervous, it is different, it's something positive.

"Ellie, what is it?" Nikki asks worried and I motion for her to talk, with Alice stiffening next to me.

This woman found the wrong moment to keep her mouth shut, she always is expressive and now she says nothing. That's not cool at all, I hate her silence, honestly.

"Say it before I explode!" I growl through my teeth and she laughs, raises her right hand with the back of it facing us and I open my eyes widely amused.

It's a beautiful ring!

Why didn't I notice it before? I am so stupid, but I am still in my own world and I don't have my mind back yet, I need some time to calm down, get used to Daniel's and mine new reality and find back my rhythms and way of thinking.