"We Are One!"

And finally we are everything we were born to be, one!

~next day, afternoon, palace~

Diana's pov

I run breathless to the door when I take her imposing scent and before she even knocks and Destiny giggles wickedly laughing at my behavior.

I have been waiting for her to come for almost half an hour and all this time I was boiling and I could do nothing except from waiting locked in mine and Daniel's room. The reason behind this 'weird' behavior of mine is simple, I don't want anyone else to know and I am sure you don't get a thing, so I am going to explain everything to you.

Firstly, I want to say that I arrived to the palace yesterday night and from that moment I am waiting for Daniel to come back. Yeap, he still is at the 'mission' and although I should have freaked out already, I'm quite calm and this is happening because Daniel and Hunter sent us two men this morning to tell us they decided to stop last night in the forest and sleep in order to let the men rest. The distance was quite big, the men were tired and they left those asshole's 'palace' too late last night and it was better for them to continue their way back today.

At this point let me tell you that this is mostly Hunter's job (and I am responsible for this), because I had told him to take care of Daniel in my place and so he did. He went with him, never left his side and he was the one, who suggested stopping for the night, but he didn't do this so much for the men, he did it for Daniel. You see, my man is the strongest, there is no doubt about it, but he had to rest until last night and he didn't, I was sure he wouldn't anyway and this is the reason I asked from Hunter to be with him. Okay, I have to admit that Daniel had no problem, the men told me that he was feeling great and nothing happened to him, but I had to make sure he would be safe and he would rest. I accepted to let him go, but I never said he would do anything he wanted (not that he knows I am behind this and he won't know, so keep it a secret and tell him nothing).

Anyway, what matters is that my man is perfectly fine, everything went perfect, the last rogues surrendered immediately and promised loyalty to us, we found the dirty coward's sister and now Daniel and all of them are coming back, in fact they will be here until the night falls.

Moreover, I had time to calm down and take some rest, think about a variety of matters and take some serious decisions. Carla's death, my fight with Jayden and my decision to ask from Daniel to mark each other and mate, changed something inside me, they were a motivation for me to think more and reconcile with my past, present and most importantly future.

I have accepted my past and everything that has happened in it, my parents' abuse, Mason's hatred, Daniel's rejection, finding Gideon and my new family and previous pack, meeting Grayson, taking lessons and love from him, loving and in the end losing him from our mistake, reaching close to death so many times and getting stronger, because all these incidents prepared me for my role in a very high grade.

Also, I am fine with the difficulties I and Daniel have faced separately and together since the moment we met again and right now I know that the turn our lives' took was the best one and I would change nothing, if I could. Both of us had to take our lessons, fight the past memories, regret for our mistakes, accept we were wrong in many things, get determined to fight and give each other a chance (well, this goes mostly for me, I know, don't bite me) and find the strength to win our fears and open up to each other and be together in the end. We had to understand that we had our weaknesses and we had to work on them, we needed each other and together we are undefeatable and we can make anything come true. I had to learn from the beginning how to trust Daniel and not be so negative, scared and absolute and he had to learn how to be patient, expressive and persistent, because he always had a good heart, he was just hiding it very well or he needed me to make his life a living hell with my stubbornness (I did it a little bit).