The Two Extremes.

There is no light without darkness, no success without failure, no redemption without pain, no joy without sorrow and no happiness without misery

~next afternoon, late, garden~

Diana's pov

We walk in silence from the beginning, from the moment we left our room. It seems like a century to me, even though it's just some minutes, some long and torturing minutes...

I feel so empty inside, so lost, so cold, so... Confused. I feel so done that it's like I am a ghost, like I have died, but every time I bleathe, my lungs and heart tighten from pain reminding me that I am still alive.

I wish everything was a dream, a bad dream, a freaking nightmare, but I know that it's not, it's the reality and it hurts like hell. I can't believe what my mom revealed to me last night, it's a lot for me, it's too much.

Grayson... Damn!

He had talked with Mason. He had been fed with lies, with hatred, with wrath. He believed his lies, he trusted him. He told us nothing about it, he pretented, he behaved like nothing had happened, he was lying to me, my dad, my family... He was lying to everyone!

How could he do this? I mean... I don't know anymore, I know nothing!

''Babe, let's have a seat, shall we?''

His smooth like silk voice makes my skin shudder, it brings me back to reality and my heartbeat becomes faster. I turn my head on my right and look up to Daniel, our gazes meet and I smile without forcing myself. His big, green eyes shine with concern and capture my heart and brain. My body paralyzes, I stop walking next to him and give a gentle sqeeze to his hand.

His expression is a very new one, I haven't seen it again until now, but it's so warm, full of love, peace, adoration and understanding that eases my pain immediately. I feel my cheeks burning from shame for how weakly I behave since last night, especially since last night, and I look around me nervoysly.

I didn't realize how quickly we came here, in the middle of our secret garden. My brain doesn't cooperate with me anymore, it's stuck on the reveals my mother had for me. A part of me hates me for being uncapable of being strong, but another piece of me, a small one knows that I can't do otherwise, I need time to accept the truth and move on.

"It's so beautiful and peaceful here that it's like we live in a fairytale..." I whisper with a sudden wave of emotions overflowing my hurting heart.

Daniel just smiles brightly to me and I turn my whole body to face his. Then, I give him my free hand and make a step closer to him and closing our gap. His warmth creates butterflies in my stomach and for a while I forget about everything.

Now it's just us and our garden, our shelter!

There are no words to describe how magical the garden looks tonight, it's the closest thing there is to heaven! Everything in this place leaves me stunned. The discreet lights, the flowers with their sweet scents, the water that's flowing, the birds that are chirping and flying from tree to tree, even some fireflies that begin to shine as the night comes, absolutely everything is unique.

"I am glad you insisted on bringing me here, my love." I say after I take another look of everything around us.

My eyes land on Daniel for once more and he chuckles with a small dose of pride and relief.

"Anything for my Queen, remember?" He replies calmly and leans closer to give me a quick, soft kiss on the top of my head.

I shiver when his hot lips touch my skin and I take a deep breath, trapping his scent in my lungs.