1

jennie's pov

"lisa! lalisa!!"

"look over here!! it's jennie kim! from high school!!" i tried to shout amongst the crowd at the grandstands.

lalisa manoban, 21 years old, korea's 3rd best formula e racer. 23 races entered, 9 wins, 15 podiums, 5 pole positions, 7 fastest laps.

she only started when she was 19 and wow.

yes, she is that good.

obviously, i'd call myself dumb, because it's too loud up here and lisa down there can't possibly hear me with the commentators screaming and the whole ass crowd squealing like a pregnant woman's water just broke.

my eyes wandered around to see her clearer and i was about to open my mouth once more when an enchanting but snarly voice interjected me.

"bitch, can you please shut the fuck up? can't you see she's getting ready for her race?" a random stranger hissed.

i turned beside me to find two fine ladies, probably about the same age as i am, glaring at me with big goggly eyes. one had silky blonde hair, and she was grabbing onto an inflatable cheer stick with 'go lisa!' written on it. both of them were. well, she didn't look very korean to me. she had her arm hooked around the other with auburn hair, bigger eyes and a harsher death stare.

they gave me intimidating vibes like popular bad bitches from high school that made my bitchy senses tingle.

okay, not good.

wait why am i scared? i used to be a bad bitch in school too. pfft there's nothing to be afraid of rubyjane.

"excuse me?" i arrogantly yelled over the loud circuit cheers chanting in my ears, only to have the auburn hair lady yap back.

"yeah, you." she blinked, trying to get a closer look at me since i had my sunglasses on, "are you just another one of her annoying fangirls trying to seek attention by saying you're from her high school? grow up."

i went baffled, "what- no! aren't you too? with that stupid- whatever cheer stick thingy saying 'i love you bitch, marry me'?"

the angsty girl took at quick glance at her stick, before frantically looking back at me, "no?! you don't know who the hell you're talking to, do you?!"

"i'm sorry, what did you say?" i said nonchalantly just to piss her off more, acting like the crowd was too loud for me to hear her.

she was about to throw hands when the blondie held her back. the blonde girl just stared at us like we were mad seals tryna fight for food. girl really be animalising us only with her eyes right now.

amidst our quarrel, the match was on-going. lisa got into her glossy yellow electric race car swiftly and ravishingly, in her sexy pure black racing suit, helmet, gloves and shoes that were fire retardant.

damn. she looks so cool even from afar.

since when did she become this attractive?

"can you guys just chill out?" the calm blonde stated, "do you wanna watch the match or not?"

"but chaeng, this bitch just-"

"no, we can argue later."

i saw how the auburn lady immediately shut her damn mouth up, turning back to face the race track while rolling her punny little eyes at me and giving me side glares. who the hell does she think she is?

i gave her a taste of my middle finger childishly which triggered her, as she started to flare up and fidget drastically in her seat. the chaeng person had to hold her still, poor her.

but i wasn't lying when i said lisa knows me from high school.

the thing was, i never noticed lisa back in high school. i was like this mean girl in the popular clique, while lisa was just an average. with two other average girls always clinging around her.

all she knew was to study. nerd, perhaps. but who the heck expected that a couple years later, and she was this famous formula e racer, representing our country in high-end championships?

yeah, not me.

she had an entire fanbase of girls literally swooning over her and now looking at it, a whole ass stadium. actually, way more than just a stadium.

god, i wish i noticed her in high school.

fortunately through a contact of one of my cousins, i managed to get a ticket to this race. just to see her.

i wanted to talk to her.

wanted to figure out why.

she never talks to fangirls though. well technically i'm not one. but she should still talk to me...

since she was the one who gave me a love letter back in high school anyway.