Late on first day?

Hazel's P.O.V 

I shielded my eyes as the sun rays fell on my eyes. I groaned as I woke up and groggily held up the clock and read the time.

8:23, I read. 8:23?!

What?! My bus was supposed to come at 8:30! I screamed as I hurried towards the bathroom.

 How did I not wake up? Oh wait, I didn't set the alarm! Yesterday I was going to, before Arthur jumped into my room. Arthur... I remembered all the past night's events and smiled. 

Suddenly, I realized that I didn't have time to think about him!

I slipped into my jeans and put on a comfy top.

"No wonder he thought I was a nerd!" I groaned as I saw myself in the mirror. I looked good... but way too casual, like always. 

I sighed as I grabbed my bag and rushed down the stairs. I kissed my mom and dad on the cheek hurriedly as I grabbed a bread and rushed out.

I saw the bus just move out of my sight as I came out. 

I looked at my phone, 8: 45. No wonder! 

Now what? Neither did I knew the way, nor did I have any mode of transport. 

I groaned loudly and was about to go in to seek some help from dad when I heard someone call from behind, "Hey marshmallow! Late on first day?"

I turned around and saw that it was Arthur. I smiled at him. 

"Because of you yesterday, I forgot to put on my alarm clock and missed my bus!" I accused him playfully.

He raised his hand up in defeat as he suddenly said, "Seems like my fault! Well, I gotta make it up to you... so, come on! Hop on! I owe you a ride!"

I looked at him and chuckled. He was not serious, right?

He pulled out his car on the road and stopped in front of me.

"Hey I was joking! I didn't mean it!" I tried to explain.

"Still, how do you plan to go to school then, marshmallow? Come on! Don't get me late for school!" He said, faking an excitement.

"But..." I started.

He groaned and came out of the car as he approached me and held my arm and pulled me towards him.

"I owe you this ride, and maybe I want to ride with you too!

 Now, I can do this for you  as friends! We are friends right?" He asked me, as I felt his warm hand hold my arm tightly. 

I realized I was getting warm and smiling. Wasn't I supposed to be able to control my smiling?

I nodded as if agreeing with him. He grinned as he pulled me in the car and sat down himself.

He started the car as he drove away. 

We talked the whole way to school. We reached there in around 15 minutes.

"Stop a bit away from school!" I said as we approached the school.

"Why?"

"Isn't that obvious?"

"What?"

"You obviously have a rep to maintain at school, and you wouldn't want others to see that you gave a ride to a nerd!"

He suddenly stopped the car and and held my hands as his eyes burned in mine as he said slowly, "Hazel, don't ever be embarrassed with yourself!

 You are the a great and unique person who doesn't have to ever feel like you don't belong.