Pretty good looking... for a Nerd!

Arthur's P.O.V

I sat quietly on the windowsill, texting Liam when I first saw her.

She looked at me intently, as if studying me.

Me: Hey! There is a girl in the front house, staring at me. Looks like a nerd with all the messy bun and spectacles and the pencil stuck in her bun!

Liam: Woah! Ask her all of a sudden why she is staring. The responses are often funny!

Me: K. Wait a sec...

 I turned my head and asked, "Hey! What are you staring at stranger?!"

She looked all astonished that I saw her.

She replied awkwardly, "I was not staring at you! I just looked at you... without blinking!"

Then she analyzed what she said and got all embarrassed. I just smiled internally, but acted like I didn't even understand her. 

"What?" I asked, faking confusion.

We stood in silence for a few seconds when she spoke up,"Never mind! BTW I am Hazel Smith!"

"I am Arthur Jones." I replied back casually. It felt like kindergarten, where we just introduce ourselves out of the blue. 

She smiled at me awkwardly and quickly shut her curtains. I heard her groan.

I laughed as I realized that she was not really used to talking with people. 

I felt my phone buzz in my hand. I saw that Liam had texted.

Liam: So...?

Me: Hmm... weirdly interesting!

Liam: How she look?

Me: PERVERT

Liam: -_-

I tried to remember her face. Big brown eyes behind the specs and straight black hair with a hint of purple. She was quite pretty with her awkward smile and kiddish cute behavior.

Me: She was pretty good looking...

Liam: WHAT?! Arthur Jones found a girl pretty good looking?! AAAAAH!

Me: ...For a nerd. Let me complete bitch!

Liam: Oh yeah? I think you changed when you saw my text!

Me: Yeah right! 

"Arthur! We are having our new neighbors from next door for dinner today! Get ready! I don't want you to look like that in front of her!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

"Her?" I asked confusingly.

"Oh yeah! They have a daughter called Hazel!" 

I grinned at the thought and quickly texted Liam about it as I eagerly waited for dinner.

****************************************************************************

They came on time. As I descended from the stairs I was surprised for a second. Hazel looked different from before.

She had her hair open and was wearing a frock. She looked cute- wait, what? Why did I even think that?

Uhh!

...

When my mom asked me take her upstairs, I saw her already rejecting it so I quickly spoke up to call her in my room. 

Her reaction! HAHAHA! She seriously didn't expect that!

...

I couldn't stop laughing when she fell for the prank. She was soo angry on me.

"Lame!" She commented.

"But you still fell for it!" I pointed out. She threw the cushion on me as she sat down and scowled.

I saw her looking around, while admiring and thinking about something.

"Earth calling Hazel!" I said, moving my hand in front of her face. She moved my hand away.

"So, what do you wanna do, except stare?" I commented out of boredom.

"First, I was not staring. Secondly, I don't know, talk?" She argued.

I smiled internally. Her argument and how she got embarrassed, it was different from the girls I had met. Most of them were either over smart or they flirted. 

She was more real than the people I ever talked with, and I liked that about her.

We talked for sometime, with brief silences in between. 

When we had dinner, we barely spoke.

I wanted to talk more with her but maybe she was just embarrassed to. 

"She needs to open up..." I mumbled.

Maybe next time, I thought as I closed my room's door.

Hey Guys!  Wassup?

So... that was Arthur! Maybe a prankster but still a cute. Seems like he too has something to hide from Hazel, since he also couldn't escape her charm :)

Now, let us get back on track! Remember the stranger in Hazel's room? 

Let's continue from there!

Three guesses to who it is... ( but you might already know! ;) )

Plzzz vote and comment! 

...