First Impressions Suck!

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Hazel!" I suddenly heard someone call as I felt myself being jerked. I looked up from my book as I saw my mother frowning at me.

"When you read, do you use your ears too? Because for the past five minutes I am calling your name young lady!" She scolded.

I gulped. Whenever mom calls me young lady, it means I am in deep trouble.

I giggled nervously and was about to say something, when suddenly my dad popped hi head in and said, "Hey! Come on darling! Look, this house has such a better room than our last house!"

My mom got distracted as she rushed out to look at them. I chuckled and mouthed a thank you to my dad. 

He fanned himself with his hand, acting flattered. I grinned as I stepped out and looked at our new house.

"Not bad at all!" I commented.

My dad smiled as he pushed me forward, asking me to go in the house. I quietly entered as I admired the interiors.

I saw him having a trouble with the suitcases, so I tucked my book in my bag as I rushed to help him. I picked my suitcases as I carried them upstairs to my room. 

As I entered, I gasped. It was the largest bedroom I had ever seen with around 3 bookshelves. THREE! 

I jumped on my bed and laughed. It had a study table with a wardrobe right next to it.

The room was painted with a light blue color and had clouds drawn on them as art. It was a beautiful room with a teenage vibe in it.

 I turned to see mom and dad standing, smiling at my reaction.

"Surprise!" They exclaimed together.

I ran and hugged both of them.

"Now go and set up your room while we handle the rest of the house." Mom said, wearily as she waved me bye and left with dad.

I closed the door behind me.

I suddenly noticed my window. The curtains were drawn. As I opened them, I saw a large tree and a house awfully close to ours. I noticed a boy of my age seated at the window, texting on his phone. 

As I got a closer look, I realized that he was quite handsome with his black hair and blue eyes and well built body. (yes, I got good observational skills, and no, I am not fangirling about him... I AM NOT!)

Suddenly, I saw his head turn towards me in a snap. He looked at me confused as he opened his window and came on the balcony as he asked, "Hey! What are you staring at stranger?!"

I suddenly got all awkward as I stuttered and answered, "I was not staring at you! I just looked at you... without blinking!"

I facepalmed myself internally. With a brick. Repeatedly.

He looked at me all confused as he analysed what I just said. "What?" It was all he could reply.

Remind me to get better comebacks later, which means never.

I spoke up, "Never mind! BTW I am Hazel Smith!" 

"I am Arthur Jones." He replied as a formality. 

I smiled uncomfortably as I waved him good bye and shut the curtains.

I groaned. My first impression, my last talk with him. I just rolled my eyes as I returned back to cleaning my room.

"I can never fit in!" I mumbled as I opened my suitcases.

*******************************************************************