Chapter 1: The Beginning

TRIST

I lifted my right hand while looking at the ring on my finger. It's so cute. Hindi ako magsasawang titigan 'to buong araw.

"Come on, Fren. You've been looking that for hours. I'm sick of it," she annoyingly said. I just rolled by eyes.

"You can't blame me. It's so cute and fascinating," I grinned while still looking at my crucial ring.

"Do you really think he's the one?" I automatically turn my head on hers when she asked that.

"Of course! I didn't say yes if I'm uncertain even though it is not a proposal ring, but I am really happy," I confidently said. She sighs.

"I'm happy for you, then," nakangiti niyang sabi. I hug her.

"Thank you, Xy." She hugs me back.

Anyway, I'm Belle Tristesse Fredickson 'Trist' for short, a grade 11 student this coming school year same with my best buddy Xyz Rodriguez. Her name is kind a bit wierd, but unique tho.

About my love life, my boyfriend Riz proposed to me last week. Not a marriage proposal, but it looks like that. We've been in a relationship for two years and still counting.

"Oh, look who's here." My ears throb for that nasty voice. "Still celebrating for that little useless proposal, huh?" I turned my gaze to her and arc my brow.

"Useless? You mean, Tracey Grey?" I said, emphasizing her name. She twitched.

"Beware who you termed useless because the table is near to turn. Just wait," she laughed like a wicked witch and turn around, walk like a pig.

"That b*tch, really knows how to spoil the day," Xy said, shaking her head.

Tracey Grey is so obsessed with my boyfriend. She always do evil things just to steal Riz from me, but she never succeed though she was the reason why we almost broke up. She sent me random photos of Riz and her kissing way back and since I love Riz and his explanations were valid, so he's forgiven. I may be sound fragile, but what would I do? I love him, really.

I took a glance on my wrist watch. It's already five in the afternoon. I look at Xy, "Hey, I have to go now. May pupuntahan ka pa ba?"

She shakes her head. "Wala na. Uuwi na rin ako."

Sabay kaming sumakay sa kaniya-kaniya naming kotse at diretso na 'kong umuwi. I'm not living with my mom, I bought my own pad. Hindi sa may sama ako ng loob sa kaniya or what, I just want to be an independent. That's all.

I throw myself on the couch when I arrived. Sinandal ko ang likod ko at tumingin sa kisame. I'm thinking what that witch meant when she said those words earlier. Parang kampanteng kampante siya sa sinabi niya.

What if she do something evil again or worst than that? What if she's gonna cross the line just to separate me and Riz? What if... Aissh. Damn. I'm just being paranoid.

*DING DONG*
*DING DONG*

Sino namang pupunta rito nang ganitong oras? Hindi naman pwedeng si Riz dahil busy siya ngayon. He's an exchange student in US at first-year college na siya.