Epilogue

Few years later.

CD

"Dada, mumma, listen to me. I have an announcement to make."

Sabay kaming tumingin ni Suz sa cute na cute naming anak. Well, sa 'kin nagmana, eh.

"What is it, baby? Spill it," nakangiting sabi ni Suz.

We're on the living room watching our favorite show while our little Cypress is busy doing her little homework.

"Uh, Truett and I are going to marry tomorrow."

Pumintig ang tainga ko sa sinabi niya. "What?" I exclaim. For goodness' sake she's still in kindergarten and Truett is just six years old. My wife just laugh at her and start filming. "No, you won't," I said while my eyes are wide.

"Yes, dada because I kissed him on the lips and...and I think I'm pregnant," she pout while playing the tip of her hair.

"What? You kissed him? Why did you do that?" I can't believe my ears!

How does she know this kind of stuff?

"Because I love him, dada He's cute. He's so cute."

"Awww. Really, baby?"

I glare at Suz and she just grin. Kinukunsinti pa ang bata.

"There's no marriage is gonna happen tomorrow, little fella. You're too young for that and you're supposed to study in school not to kiss Truett," I preach.

"But, dada..." she faintly said and starts to cry. She runs to her mother. "Mumma, I-I want to marry Truett," she said while still crying.

Niyakap siya ni Suz saka sinamaan ako ng tingin at muling tumingin sa anak namin.

Did I do something wrong? I just want to save our daughter's future.

"Shush. Tahan na, baby. You'll marry Truett, okay?" nakangiting sabi niya sa kaniya habang pinunasan nito ang luha ni Cypress.

I shake my head and lean on the couch. She really spoils our daughter.

"Really, mummy?" she said in amused face.

"Yep. When you get older," Suz replied.

"Owkay, but it takes years before I'll get older."

"Yes and with those years you have to take care of yourself, so you can take care of him. You like that?"

"I do, mummy," malapad ang ngiti niyang sabi sabay tango nang paulit-ulit.

I felt out of place. Their mother-daughter talk is superb and here I am just watching them.

The night came and we come to our daughter's room to see if she's already sleep.

"She looks exactly like you and as stubborn as you," I said while looking at our angelic face of our little offspring.

"But, she's oftentimes hard-headed and she got it from you," she twitched.

"Really, Mrs. Rodriguez? I won't mind having another hard-headed kid," I put a mischievous smile.

"Oh, shut up, Cd. She'll hear you."

"She's asleep, honey. If you want, we can talk about it in our room," I tease. I laugh a little when she pulled me out of our daughter's room.

"Then, so be it," she said in a cunningly way.

I caried her while her legs are wrapped around my waist and even her arms are on my nape. My hands move under her thighs. We're kissing deeply and passionately until we get in our room. I pinned her on the wall without breaking our kiss.