Part I: We Were Built To Fall Apart Chapter 1

Cars racing by, honking, and screeching filled the night. Taylor was walking through the villages aglow with lights and billboards, exhausted from shopping all day with her mom. She wanted to make her mom happy, after all, she rarely gets to see her mom ever since she moved to New York City. In search of a new life, she left her past behind in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania after her recent break-up. Taylor scowled at the thought of her ex...she vowed herself to never speak of him nor think of him again. Seeing the painful expression on her daughter's face, Andrea asked, "Honey, are you thinking about him again? I respect your decision of moving out on your own to New York but it was because I thought it was a sign that you're finally going on with your life. I don't want you to live in misery with him haunting your mind." Taylor sighed softly, in her mind she thought that these wounds would heal over time but these kinds last. Little did her mom know about what really happened and drove them apart. But she didn't want to cause her mom to worry because her mom made this specific trip to New York to see her daughter and get to spend time with her.

"No, everything is fine, mom. Just a little headache," declared Taylor, trying to put on a brave smile. "Plus, I'm exhausted after all that time we spent windowshopping," she added. Andrea looked deeply into her loving daughter's blue eyes, seeing a hint of sadness in them. It hurt her to see her daughter living in this condition and she cursed the man who was responsible for this under her breath.

"Mom? How do you feel about having dinner right now?" Taylor suggested, eyeing the little Italian restaurant ahead of them. Andrea glanced at her watch, a worry line creased on her forhead.

"I'm sorry, Taylor but I don't think we have enough time. My plane will leave at 8 which is about in an hour and a half," Andrea pointed out sadly. Taylor understood but part of her wanted her mom to stay with her and comfort her until she was driven away from any worries or fears just like when she was little.

"I'll drive you to the airport," Taylor offered happily.

"That's okay, dear. You must be worn out. I say you go back home and rest, sound good? I can take the cab," Andrea said. Taylor hesitated knowing that it's rare for her mom to come visit her and that they have a very limited amount of time. Maybe 3 days weren't enough. She was about to object when her knees gave her away. A 6 feet giraffe was about to go crashing down the sidewalk if it wasn't for her mom who caught her by the arm.

"Thanks," Taylor murmured. Maybe her mom was right, she definitely needed to sit down and rest for a bit.

Finally, Taylor gave in and decided, "Fine, I guess you can just take the cab."

Andrea smiled. "Let's do something for the next half and hour or so, shall we?" she grinned. Taylor's face brightened as her mom pulled out a ball of yarn and knitting tools.

"Seriously, mom? You carried that around in your purse all day?" Taylor joked.

"Hey, it can get pretty cold up here in New York with all those blizzards and whatnot. You never know when you might need a warm pair of mittens or cozy socks or..." Andrea babbled on and on.

"Okay, yeah I get it, mom," Taylor groaned.

Her mom glanced at her with a bemused expression on her face as they sat down and started knitting away the last half hour they have together.

A/N: HEY GUYS SO THIS IS MY FIRST HAYLOR FANFIC AND I'M REALLY EXCITED. OH YEA AND I DECIDED TO PUBLISH THE FIRST CHAPTER ON HARRY'S BIRTHDAY WHICH IS TODAY (YAYYYYY) I KNOW THE FIRST CHAPTER IS KIND OF SHORT BUT TRUST ME, USUALLY THEY'RE NOT LIKE THIS. AND ANYWAY COMMENTS  AND VOTES WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!