Part II: Then Fall Back Together Chapter 40

Listen to I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

Stop it, Taylor. Think, think, think. What is it that you do when someone could possibly be dead? Check for their pulse and call 911 of course, duh.

Taylor quickly shuffled around, searching for her purse. "Where is it, where is it," she said desperately. Alas, she found it underneath a pile of debris and pulled out her phone, hitting emergency call.

"911, what's your emergency?" a female voice sounded over the speaker.

"I...I- my husband and I got into a car accident and he's badly injured, possibly-" Taylor choked, "-not going to make it. And there's no one to help us, we're in the middle of no where and-and-I don't know what's happening," Taylor sobbed uncontrollably.

"Ma'am, calm down. Have you checked to see if his heart is still beating?" the woman asked.

"N-no." Taylor slid her right hand under Harry's shirt, feeling the warmth of his skin. Her hand ran up his chest until she felt a faint beating of a heart. It's still beating. He's still alive. "His heart is still working," she replied. Taylor informed the officer about their whereabouts and how they were less than a mile away from the ski lodge.

"And may I ask what's his name and your name?" she questioned before hanging up.

"Harry and Taylor Styles," Taylor answered. This seemed to have caught the woman's attention as she realized how serious this situation was.

"All right, we're on our way. Hang in there."

Taylor removed Harry's beanie which was soaked with blood, sniffling along the process. Touching his pink lips with her forefinger, she whispered, "They're coming, babe. You're going to be all right."

In just a matter of a couple minutes, sirens were heard in the distance. Taylor's hope rose as they drew nearer and nearer. Two officers, the paramedics, and a whole team of other people rushed to them. They helped Taylor escape the remains of the car and kept asking her over and over again, "Are you all right, miss? Are you sure?"

Each time, Taylor would reply, "Yes I am sure." The police officers bombarded her with questions about the accident, each time Taylor grew increasingly annoyed. She only cared about her Harry. As they placed him on the stretcher and into the ambulance, Taylor ran over at top speed and hopped on. The ride was anxious and overwhelming. She feared that they wouldn't make it on time.

An eternity later, they arrived the hospital which was alarmingly crowded by cameramen. Are you fucking serious? Do they ever have sympathy?

The securities cleared the way for Harry, Taylor, and nurses and paramedics hurrying along by the side. Orders were given among them as each of them scattered to their stations, beginning their task.

"Miss, we will have you wait outside," a doctor instructed.

The doctor pulled out the curtains, separating the two of them once again. She caught a glimpse of Harry-possibly her last.

The news had spread quickly like a wildfire, so fast that Taylor didn't have to even call his parents. They were already flying halfway across the country. For nearly an hour, Taylor stared blankly at the wall in the waiting area. What has happened. What have I done. No, this isn't my fault. But why do I feel like it is? Taylor sighed and covered her face, miserably.

Suddenly, the doors swung open. "You may come in now, if you'd like," the nurse holding a clipboard announced. "Also, try talking to him. It might help."

"Oh thank God," Taylor breathed and went straight into the room Harry was resting in. She approached him slowly at first, not even sure if it was him. Taylor sat down at a seat next to him. The whole room was silent except for the monitor that was tracking his heart beat. Harry seemed still, at peace, just like how he looks when he's sleeping. Despite the fact that tubes and wires were connected to him, measuring his heart rate. Stitches were visible along his jawline and a bandage covered his forehead. Seeing Harry like this made Taylor realize that you have to live the moment while it's still there. You have to cherish every moment you spend with your loved ones. Everything that you've ever wished for could just disappear in second. Anything could happen. She began to regret the times when she didn't get to tell Harry how much she really loves him. He won't ever know.

Taylor took his soft, warm hand and squeezed it gently. She started breaking down right there on the spot, burying her face in his arm. "Harry, love, please don't leave me," Taylor swallowed. "And-and our baby. You're actually going to be a father. Please don't leave us." Tears welled in her eyes again and slipped out, a teardrop landing on his hand. "When I first met you, I wasn't sure if we were meant for each other. Our relationship was like trying to build a fire out of two twigs and everyone blowing out the sparks. But then you managed to heal and mend my broken heart, in a way no one has ever done before. We've been through ups and downs together but have always somehow find our way back to each other. Won't you stay with me." Taylor took his hand and raised it up to her cheek, imagining how he would cup her cheeks. "Say you'll remember me, Harry," Taylor pleaded through her sobs. Then, miraculously, she felt his hand grip around her small wrist. Taylor looked up in shock and bewilderment.

"I'll always remember you," Harry whispered.

His eyes fluttered open.

The End

A/N: I, KRISTA, FINISHED MY FIRST FANFIC EVER OMG OMG OMG I FEEL SO PROUD OF MYSELF *pats self on the back* MORAL OF THIS STORY? DRIVE A HOT, DRUNK STRANGER HOME BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW, HE COULD BE HARRY STYLES. ANYWAY, HUGE THANKS TO Y'ALL WHO HAVE BEEN READING THIS STORY, LIKE I CANNOT EVEN THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR MAKING ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE READING THE COMMENTS Y'ALL LEAVE BEHIND. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH xoxoxo